lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2012, 12:20 AM   #1
PeteSly1
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 TXT Tune-up questions

Noob to the blog and to ezgo's (had a Yamaha g2 but it was stolen); purchased a 2001 exgo txt gas. Once it warms up it runs well but I have to run the choke all the way out the whole time, even when its warmed up. So I figured its time to get my hands dirty and give her a good tune-up; looking for any/all recommendations but here's what I was gonna start with:
- clean/jet carb
- oil change; used royal purple in my g2 and worked great- anyone use on txt?
- new air filter; I found this k&n ( http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/golf...T%20EZ2%202001) but it says some modifications needed; anyone use? Other recommendations?
- seafoam gas/crankcase
- new plugs

Does anyone have any other recommendations? Thanks in advance for your help.
PeteSly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2012, 05:39 AM   #2
imnts2
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 TXT Tune-up questions

I always like to do a compression test. Harbor freight has a decent set recently on sale for 20bucks. Lets you know for sure if rings land valves are in good shape.
While I am at it , I would check valve clearances so keep them good.
Seems obvious your carburator needs cleaning and soaking. As good dash of seafoam might solve it but I would do both.

check belts
change all oils. Cheap maintenance. And a good grease job. Amazing how often these carts have not seem grease since leaving the factory. would not hurt to do wheel bearing too.

All in all you won't spend another 20buck even with a new set of plugs.

and it really would not hurt to open both cluthes and work a little grease and oil in the moving parts. be carefull to keep the belt and pads dry.

And you will have a lot better idea how good the cart is and what to watch.
imnts2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, tune up, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO