lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
DragFink Racing
Not Yet Wild

Default 71-75 Gas EZ GO project

Hey there

Just picked up a $100 ez go project for a dragbike towrig... But need 5 posts to post pictures... Anybody got any engine bay pictures?

I think it's all there, I found a wiring diagram and I hope the black box is the voltage regulator. The muffler is a small 4 stroke one (does it matter) and needs a battery and the throttle linkage and cables figured out and fixed.

Cheers
Mark
DragFink Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
DragFink Racing
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 71-75 Gas EZ GO project

Pre 75 EZ GO parts are hard to find, but I ordered a belt and carb kit.

The body is rough in spots but easy to salvage with some dent hammering and filler.

The plan for the seat is just simple vinyl covered. There are currently two single seats, drivers moves fore/aft
Old 05-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
DragFink Racing
Not Yet Wild

It's neat how the whole "push the pedal and go" works. Is there any way to test these parts?
Old 05-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #4
DragFink Racing
Not Yet Wild

Old 05-16-2012, 10:20 PM   #5
DragFink Racing
Not Yet Wild

There should be some charging system right?

Gas tank is removed

Old 05-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #6
racin161
Gone Wild

Welcome to BGW MARKFirst I'd loose the governor assembly but install a battery and see if it turns over or cranks with the peddle depressed. If not jump the 2 big post on the solenoid and see if it will crank the f/r switch will have to be in the forward or the reverse location for it to crank NOT IN THE MIDDLE start there and report back. At this point do not install the belt because that will be the last thing your going to need until we get it running

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #7
DragFink Racing
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the advice Lou. It cranked over when the solenoid terminals were bridged. There was definitely fuel/oil mixture in the cylinder with the plug pulled, and it cranked over easily with a few puffs out the plug hole.

The wiring is definitely different than the schematic and there was no key for the stock switch so it has to be bypassed and the wiring fixed. The accelerator switch is gone and I haven't found a replacement, but i can bypass it for now It's just a rheostat, right?

Old 05-18-2012, 04:37 AM   #8
racin161
Gone Wild

You could put a toggle switch in place of the key switch and the accelerator switch is a mirco switch. You may look for one for 80-88 and adapt it.That's what supplies power to your solenoid small terminal to close the solenoid.

LOU
Old 05-18-2012, 04:44 AM   #9
racin161
Gone Wild

After looking at the pic see the blue wire with the splice then green?? Jump a wire from the battery and to that post and see if it cranks! If it does that's good a key switch is cheap also be aware most any ezgo key for the early carts will work and can be bought but I'd get the complete unit just to be safe. Another broken part out of the way. Toggle will work for now

LOU
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO