lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2012, 11:33 PM   #1
Firebob
Not Yet Wild

Default 1988 EZ GO cylinder head.

I have a 1988 ez go marathon.Compression was low so I did a top end rebuild and crank seals about a month ago. After the rebuild the compression went from 60 to 90psi still to low. After a test drive around the block a few times the compression went back to 60, then I discovered the head is cracked pretty bad. Anyone out there have a cylinder for this cart ? I have a lot of time and money in the rebuild for my mom and dad so I would really like to get this thing fixed and done so they can enjoy this cart again.

Thank You
Bobby
Firebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2012, 07:27 AM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1988 EZ GO cylinder head.

Bobby,
I was sorry to read the unhappy conclusion to your other thread. I have scoured the four corners of the internet looking for a head to no avail. I did see a 3PG head on ebay for $60 (or best offer). I don't know if it would fit but the engine sizes in cc are the same and it look like it could. I know it's one hell of a gamble but I think if it was me, I might be tempted. Perhaps someone here has tried and knows if it fits.

Good luck

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1988 EZ GO cylinder head.

You know Dave I was wondering the same thing.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO