lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
farleypug
Getting Wild

Default 1996 EZGO Low Power Issue

I'm not an EZGO man so any help is greatly appreciated. Long story short, I'm trying to fix this cart for a buddy. He bought a brand new 350 engine with 295 heads and it ran like a bat out of hell. After 2 weeks a crank seal started leaking. So they sent him a new seal and he had it put in. Another 2 weeks go by and it does the same thing. So they sent him another motor built exactly the same and it just doesn't have the power it should when driving under load. The motor is a 350 with 295 heads on it. The motor is completely new with a brand new carb, new drive clutch with what he said is a 29 degree kit. The cart has a new lift with 22 inch tires and a new belt. In neutral, it revs perfectly. When in gear, anything past 3/4 pedal and it bogs down a little and looses power. The following is everything I checked:
-Valves adjusted to .004 cold
-Fuel pump has good pressure
-Carb is spotless and new air cleaner
-Spark is perfect on both cylinders
-Compression is 155 on both
-Gas tank has clear vent
-New plugs
-Timing is spot on
-Clutches fully operate in neutral

When running it in neutral and air box off, I did notice some gas misting out of the carb when the pedal is floored but the plugs aren't wet in any way. I believe the main jet was a 92 and pilot was a 46. The kicker is this carb ran the last new motor perfectly. He has had it into 3 dealers and they couldn't figure it out. 1 did say they thought it was carb issues by how it was acting. I also used my voltmeter and the stator isn't charging the battery but I wouldn't think that would cause the problems it's having. He did add the lift and tires while he was waiting for the second motor so I was wondering if that somehow has taken power away from the new engine. Sorry for the novel but just wanted to cover everything right away. Thanks for any help!!!!
farleypug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
farleypug
Getting Wild

Default Re: 1996 EZGO Low Power Issue

Just for an update, I pulled the spark plug wires off one side at a time. It will run choppy on the passenger side cylinder and not run at all on the driver side. I would think it would either not run at all or run choppy on each side. It does have spark on both. I'm wondering if the intake valve isn't functioning on the driver side to pull fuel. Does anyone know of an easy way to check it.
farleypug is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO