lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2008, 02:42 PM   #1
FamilyFunCart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Ez-Go 91 Marathon Front Cowl install

Hi All,

I have a new front cowl for a 1991 Ez-Go Marathon. I removed the old cowl easily because it was ripped in parts and hanging on barely at other parts. Problem is how do I attach new one. I see that there are many 7/16" bolts to mount to but the bolt is behind sheet metal and I cannot see any way to access the majority of these bolts. It seems like I need access to the area behind the dash, but do not see any way to access this area.

Also, there were several bolts that I attempted to loosen and the bold ended up fracturing. These bolts were along used to tighten a piece of metal that was held into place by sliding into a chanel for each bolt (instead of going through a hole). Any idea how to access the bolts here too since the the thread and nut were only area accessible areas...Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much,

Mike

PS: I looked at the info for the 93 body pull but I am not sure that the cowls are the same (in fact, I did not have a riveted name plate on the cowl, so I do not think that those instructions will help)...
FamilyFunCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2008, 03:54 PM   #2
oldfart
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ez-Go 91 Marathon Front Cowl install

remove dash buckets and you will see all the 7/16 bolts
oldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:18 PM   #3
FamilyFunCart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you for the reply, it was very much appreciated. But unfortunately I do not know what the dash bucket is, let alone how to remove..it sounds like it may not be too much trouble, but I could use a bit more info if possible...Thanks again for your help!
Old 08-20-2008, 09:28 PM   #4
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum oldfart.................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:17 AM   #5
oldfart
Not Yet Wild

there are push pins holding down the center console,these must be removed alowing you to get to the glovebox or dash buckets.
oldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:35 AM   #6
FamilyFunCart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks - understood....I am hoping that the push pins are easy to remove and not like the rivets that have to be drilled...thanks again for your help. I take it from the other person's reply that you are new - if so, WELCOME to the forum. You arrived just in time :-)
Old 08-21-2008, 04:19 PM   #7
FamilyFunCart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Never in my wildest dreams (nightmares?) did I expect something as simple as switch a plastic cowling would entail this....I followed what I thought was going to be a simple procedure - but here is where I stand (pls see pics attached)...does anyone have any idea how to replace the plastic front cowling on this 1991 Marathon? The tray is covering access to the bolts that are seen in the top exterior of the metal cowling...these bolts need to be accessible in order to tighten the new rubber cowling cover...The plastic lined tray is being held into place by what I do not know...I thought that the tray would slide out when the bolts were loosened and removed from the U-shaped metal tabs along the front exterior (pls see pic 3 attached)...There seems to be something still holding this tray into place (I thought that the tray was the dash bucket referred to above - but it was held into place with 4 bolts from a vertical bracket (in addition to the push bins and rubber moulding) and now something is still keep it held into place...Any ideas? Thanks for any help with this mystery....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic 1.jpg (42.6 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg pic 2.jpg (51.9 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg pic 3.jpg (28.2 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg pic 4.jpg (58.4 KB, 85 views)
Old 08-21-2008, 06:43 PM   #8
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Using screwdrivers and/or putty knifes, you need to carefully pry the bottom of the plastic tray up over the metal lip. There is nothing holding it but a pressure fit. It will slide right out.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:34 PM   #9
FamilyFunCart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks NewGuy! I was hoping it would be something that did not require further parts removal :-) I tried prying earlier and it started to crack in spots and already has previous cracks so I will follow your advice and carefully pry out and over lip....Pic of your car is GREAT...hope one day to have something even a little bit close...Thanks again for your help!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 07:37 PM   #10
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Thanks and you are welcome, I hope it works for you.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1991, cowl, ez-go, marathon
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO