lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2014, 10:00 AM   #1
bigjohn141
Getting Wild

Default Disk Brakes

After looking around I noticed about all the rear disk brake kits are listed for eletric carts. Is anyone using one if these kits on a gas cart? Also do you think the hydraulic kits are better than the mechanicals? My 2001 with a lift, 23" tires, and a VC clone doesn't want to stop too well with the factory drums lol.
bigjohn141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2014, 10:16 AM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Disk Brakes

I am using hydraulic disc brakes on my cart, others are using the ausco setup. It is a huge improvement over stock brakes. I see you changed your engine size so the cart is no longer stock. Which ever you choose would be an improvement. Check with the site sponsors and they can get you setup with some.

LH
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:23 PM   #3
Tim Carson
Not Yet Wild

Are your hydraulic brakes still working. My rear hub spun out the splines I had to cap off one brake line and put an old drum back on with no guts so I can still drive around with three hydraulic disc brakes. I called the company in California I got the brake system from they said the company they got their hubs from went out of business kind of a bad design with the hubs being aluminum.
Tim Carson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:08 PM   #4
Tim Carson
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Carson View Post
Are your hydraulic brakes still working. My rear hub spun out the splines I had to cap off one brake line and put an old drum back on with no guts so I can still drive around with three hydraulic disc brakes. I called the company in California I got the brake system from they said the company they got their hubs from went out of business kind of a bad design with the hubs being aluminum.

Is there anyone out there following this on hydraulic disc brakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tim Carson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 04:23 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have followed this topic to the end... I too have the 4 wheel WheelsCA disc brake kit on my BB cart. Rick at CA said he would no longer be making the kit due to the high cost of hub production. I would think that my cart with 25hp and 12x25 dirt devils has been pushed as hard as any cart out there without failure. The main failure was from people not tightening the hub nut enough.

On my cart I added a spacer because I was running out of threads when tightening down the axle nut - I wonder if my cart was different or ?
Anyway -
I know a guy who has one - I'll ask him to contact you IF he wants to sell.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 04:35 PM   #6
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I have followed this topic to the end... I too have the 4 wheel WheelsCA disc brake kit on my BB cart. Rick at CA said he would no longer be making the kit due to the high cost of hub production. I would think that my cart with 25hp and 12x25 dirt devils has been pushed as hard as any cart out there without failure. The main failure was from people not tightening the hub nut enough.

On my cart I added a spacer because I was running out of threads when tightening down the axle nut - I wonder if my cart was different or ?
Anyway -
I know a guy who has one - I'll ask him to contact you IF he wants to sell.
You may have found the issue! If the threads were bottoming out before the hub is tight that would definitely work on the splines!
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 05:02 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Exactly
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:48 PM   #8
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Scotty pointed me back towards this thread, is someone in need of some help be for this setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2017, 08:47 PM   #9
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

So just to clarify who needs the hubs, I am more then willing to let someone take them off my hands.

Edit

It is Tim?
Old 03-09-2017, 08:53 PM   #10
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

I would need to verify if these are it, but I know the electric ones never got used as I converted the cart to gas before they got used. If I remember correctly they got mounted but that was it. Now just got to dig in the barn to find them, they are in one of two areas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0321.jpg (274.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0322.jpg (262.9 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO