lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2014, 02:46 PM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 secondary clutch

Gear ratio is higher in reverse. Also, tires spin easier in reverse because weight shifts away from the drive wheels, towards the front of cart.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2014, 04:32 PM   #12
jeff70
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I figured part of it was gear ratio, but it is a big difference, I am just trying to get it to last for the rest of the summer, I am not going to spend any more than $100 on it until I get the twin installed I might just get the UMAX spring and talk to Don about carb jets and live with the rest. It just gets old when we go on rides everyone has to stop and wait for me.
jeff70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 05:04 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Umax spring is priced in the area of $10, not too much money.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:19 PM   #14
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Make sure both clutches are clean and lubed, read up on lubing first. For climbing the 1.25 wide belt helps, make sure your tension cable under the gen pulley is good or make a solid one, but they are not much from yamaha. You can gps your cart if no governor and tighten the cable until you lose top speed then back it off. That will give the best low end for climbing. Cut sheave is also nice but the 1.25 belt does similar, when the belt sticks out the top of the secondary at rest that is what you want. I have both on my cart using a kevlar HD belt from CPP and think sheave from tntcarts, and a umax spring. But with a clone engine I am going to try a new stock spring, lot of times you don't need a big spring with a larger engine. That said the umax is great on trails it keeps the rpm up at lower speeds. My old spring is really weak, I will not know if the stock spring works better than a umax until I try a new one. Try to get the belt low as you can in the primary without the cart creeping on the starter. You do all that they are pretty capable considering the low HP you are working with. They will crawl up steep hills but will go up more than you would think. I ran the umax with the stock engine and wished I had it sooner, its on the clone now. It can be installed by hand yet but last time I put a strap on it got tired of fighting it lol.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha