lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2017, 01:25 PM   #11
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Danaher to Curtis Conversion Documented

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Nice Thread! Never done it that way, but with the problems with getting harnesses sometimes, I could see me needing to do it this way.
Thank you cgtech. There have been so many questions about these conversions that I felt that pictures of an actual conversion along with the step by step instructions were needed. It took longer to do this conversion due to the need to stop and pose the harness for photos, and to retake the photos that did not turn out well.

It was odd that I found no corrosion or acid damage to this harness. I was told by the shop that the harness was bad, but everything checked out, including all of the connectors. I now suspect that it was a bad sensor, encoder, or controller. They removed the charger port battery temperature PCB/terminal assembly, and the accellerator pedal encoder. When finished, I wrapped the entire harness with electrical tape to provide an additional layer of protection before putting the wire loom cover sections back on. There was water in the harness when I unwrapped it, but no sign of corrosion anywhere except a little bit of green on the threads of the large solenoid terminals.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2017, 08:34 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Additional tape everywhere I can get it.... That's what I do too when trying to repair harnesses. I actually do it to brand new replacement harness when I have the time before cart has to go home.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 07:37 AM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
How about making this a sticky so it will be easy to find. A lot of good information in this thread.
Ditto
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:40 AM   #14
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
And here is a post for adding a programming port to the 35 pin connector of your newly converted harness.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1340121

Bob
I was asked via PM about the source and part numbers for the programming port connector and pins. It was in an earlier post of mine in the Programming Curtis Controller thread. I copied the info and I am adding it here...

The Molex part number for the Mini-Fit Jr socket is 39-01-3043

http://www.newark.com/molex/39-01-30...ion/dp/56H7749

The Molex part number for the pins is 39-00-0049, it takes 4 pins for each Mini-Fit Jr socket.

http://www.newark.com/molex/39-00-00...imp/dp/56H7605

I prefer to use 22 guage wire, so that the Mini-Fit Jr pins as well as the 35 pin connector pins will crimp on properly. Keep questions coming if you have any, so I can add information that I may have overlooked.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:43 AM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I'm thinking we just need a mailing address to send our harness and check to so that the expert can take care of it for us
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:29 PM   #16
meangene123
Not Yet Wild

I have done the pin for pin like you said in this post. Thanks but were do the two resistor wires hook up?
meangene123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:22 PM   #17
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangene123 View Post
I have done the pin for pin like you said in this post. Thanks but were do the two resistor wires hook up?
If you are talking about the large resistor on the top rear of the new controller assembly, one wire lug bolts to the B+ terminal on the top of the controller face and the other bolts to the RES terminal at the lower right of the controller face. The old resistor/resistor control is no longer in use. The Curtis controller has the resistor control built in.

Bob
Old 03-21-2017, 06:59 AM   #18
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Update...

The eBay seller of the new 2016 date coded RXV controller kits has recently raised his price to double of his past lowest price. Here is the latest link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172585597517...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I thought you all should know. I'm just glad I bought spares when I did
Old 09-26-2018, 06:28 AM   #19
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

FSIP (Flight Systems Industrial Products) sells "Reman" Curtis 1206AC-5201 controllers on eBay for $495 + shipping. Here is the current link...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152355026624

Bob
Old 10-04-2018, 10:32 AM   #20
Adrian0704
Not Yet Wild

Bob is there a way you could update these links to the available part that one would need to complete this conversion?

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
I was asked via PM about the source and part numbers for the programming port connector and pins. It was in an earlier post of mine in the Programming Curtis Controller thread. I copied the info and I am adding it here...

The Molex part number for the Mini-Fit Jr socket is 39-01-3043

http://www.newark.com/molex/39-01-30...ion/dp/56H7749

The Molex part number for the pins is 39-00-0049, it takes 4 pins for each Mini-Fit Jr socket.

http://www.newark.com/molex/39-00-00...imp/dp/56H7605

I prefer to use 22 guage wire, so that the Mini-Fit Jr pins as well as the 35 pin connector pins will crimp on properly. Keep questions coming if you have any, so I can add information that I may have overlooked.
Adrian0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO