lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2019, 10:22 PM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 00’ TXT Overhaul

That's fine. I figured since you wanted to buy two solenoids, you were eager to get started. Someone's nearly always here.

Check:
Drive type - series?
Does solenoid click?
If not, check reed switch and Molex
If so, then we start troubleshooting.

Meanwhile, these three are what you need:

Owners Manual for some newer electric carts
http://products.jacobsen.com/img/man...645-g01-gb.pdf

Technician's service and repair manual electric carts
http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/28646.pdf

Service Parts Manuals electric carts
http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/28789-g01.pdf
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2019, 04:35 PM   #12
Tallon22
Not Yet Wild

Will do.
Thanks
Tallon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:06 PM   #13
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

First step is to determine condition of batteries. These are like the engine in your car.
Need to determine if battery pack is reaching full charge (use voltage charts posted on this forum)
What is pack voltage along with each batteries voltage ( after they sit charged unused for 12 hours). Also each cells hydrometer reading.
“Assuming” the battery connections are clean and tight , next step is to load check batteries,can be done with voltmeter and cart going up a hill to simulate load. Can you also post what brand and make charger you have. Sounds as if it may not be a proper golf cart charger and may need to upgrade to properly maintain batteries.
Once you know batteries are good and all battery terminals are clean, then start trouble shoot process.
Many of my used cart problems were due to dirty,loose or corroded connections.

Proper batter ymaint. Is key to having a dependable cart
😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 02:43 PM   #14
Tallon22
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Cobra will do this weekend. Until then here is a pic of the charger. I just read how to correctly use this charger last night reading an old thread from 2011 on this site so I will do a proper charge when I get home Friday night and check reed switch. Let sit and check voltage on Saturday morning. The Batteries have 1/18 stickers on them so I am hoping that they are only a year old as advertised when I bought the cart.
Thanks again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Textron charger.jpg (57.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-09-2019, 03:43 PM   #15
R.Boyd
Getting Wild

The PDS was introduced by EZGO in 2000. I have a 2000 year model that's PDS with the red freedom plug installed. However, I think they changed the steering column from 3 bolt to 4 in 2001 and moved the rack to the axle. Not 100% sure on that last part though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imapled View Post
Nope. Doesn't matter. But, I would do what Yurtle recommended before changing parts with regards to the battery and charging. More than likely your cart if it is a 2000 is a DCS TXT. They didn't introduce PDS until 2001.5 (mid-year 2001). Your cart would be in the 1994-2001.5 year. The way to tell is if the steering column has 3 bolts... As well, it should have a "Drive Control System" sticker on the side. Mine did.

You can also enter the serial number into the EZGO site and it will tell you exactly what cart you purchased:

https://shop.txtsv.com/vehicle/

Cheers,
Impaled
R.Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 04:17 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Boyd View Post
The PDS was introduced by EZGO in 2000. I have a 2000 year model that's PDS with the red freedom plug installed. However, I think they changed the steering column from 3 bolt to 4 in 2001 and moved the rack to the axle. Not 100% sure on that last part though.
The first year PDS was a unique drive system. They tried to amend the DCS system to include rpm control. This system was unnecessarily complex and it was tossed out when the real Precision Drive system was introduced the next year. Lucky for us they only sold 2 of these
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 04:27 PM   #17
Tallon22
Not Yet Wild

Thanks
Great tool
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Make and model.jpg (72.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-09-2019, 04:46 PM   #18
R.Boyd
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The first year PDS was a unique drive system. They tried to amend the DCS system to include rpm control. This system was unnecessarily complex and it was tossed out when the real Precision Drive system was introduced the next year. Lucky for us they only sold 2 of these
No kidding. Didn't those carts use the typical DCS forward and reverse switch behind the legs.. If my memory serves me correctly, I've seen both configurations from the year 2000. Mine has the switch on the dash and I believe the standard controller (2ng generation controller). Must have been made late in 2000 on a Friday!

Edit: I found the BGW thread about the differences and realize now that the switch, even though it can be below the seat in 2000 for either a DCS or PDS, the difference is in that on a DCS cart in one direction one switch is engaged and in the other direction both switches are engaged whereas on a PDS cart, ether one switch for forward or one switch for reverse is engaged. Sorry if I appear to be hijacking. I'll ease on out of here now. : )
R.Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:09 PM   #19
Tallon22
Not Yet Wild

Ok ready to go
Just got home and took these readings
Batteries individually are 7.18 to 7.25 pack is 38
When I push the accelerator I here a very light click but it does not sound like a solenoid, it sounds more like a small switch, very faint. I will charge tonight
Moles looks good and it looks like the reed switch has been bypassed allready. It had two crimp connectors inline. These are pics. I believe it is a 2000 txt series
Old 05-10-2019, 07:15 PM   #20
Tallon22
Not Yet Wild

We are running. I believe it was a crimp connector
Thanks all
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO