lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #21
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 295 head on 350??

This is what they are doing. They take a 295 block and bore it to a 350. The 350 pistons don't go all the way up to the cylinder tops (deck). They then shave the difference off the deck so the pistons are TDC at the deck. The boring is one thing. The deck needs to be cut A LOT. Like a 1/2 or more, depending. Then you install the 295 head and it should run 14 HP more or less. That is my understanding of what is done. I have never done the 295 block mod, so don't base a project on my word....
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2010, 05:38 PM   #22
noel4151
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok that sounds understanding. What about a bigger cam? Thanks by the way
noel4151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:11 PM   #23
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There is a torque cam available for a 295 engine.This cam, on a stock motor has very little diifference. It gives a little more bottom and mid, but nothing exiting. It seems to have more effect with the higher performance engines. I'll know more about that tomorrow. It runs OK in all the heads....I going to use it with the Hi perf 350 head on an MCI 350 block. If all works well, I'll pull it out and run the stock, to test the difference. It's not a worthy mod for the price, yet. Not enough difference. We'll see with the higher compression application.
We may have an old style, performance head on a new style MCI engine (block). That'll be the first I know of, hope she runs!
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO