lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2019, 01:08 AM   #21
EvilSpirit1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo 6x6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
As far as turning off one motor, a battery disconnect switch (or solenoid) in any of the four cables to the motor will shut it down.
This question probably raises the question "can" or "should".

I could see doing this only under the lightest duty use possible. As has been mentioned, to make this deal work for any real range or speed, extra batteries would probably have to be fitted. The extra battery weight, the added weight of the extended chassis/body with the 2nd drive axle and motor, and the additional powertrain drag from spinning the "dead" motor, would probably result in a very lazy cart with possibly an overworked electronics package.
EvilSpirit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2019, 01:23 AM   #22
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Or, you could use 6 hydraulic motors, one per wheel, driven by your choice of power supply ( IC gas, or electric mtr) then use those for steering too, and eliminate steering gear. Link a tank or dozer . . .
Oh yeah, I think too much -
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 03:08 AM   #23
EvilSpirit1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark138 View Post
Or, you could use 6 hydraulic motors, one per wheel, driven by your choice of power supply ( IC gas, or electric mtr) then use those for steering too, and eliminate steering gear. Link a tank or dozer . . .
Oh yeah, I think too much -
Could use zero turn mower wheel motors. Some of the better ones use a true hydraulic motor at each drive wheel and a single pump and reservoir. You would use a single motor run at a constant speed to run pump and use spool valves to control wheel motors for speed and direction. Might be a lot of trial and error with the controls to get the motors to play nice enough to go straight AND turn.

That said - the O/P has said he isn't interested in doing a lot of fab work, which would be necessary for this to have any chance if success.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:14 PM   #24
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

EvilSpirit1, your name suits you! I’m not alone!
I stole the idea from a monster truck I saw many years ago. Big V8, then lots of aeroquip hydraulic hose. But the zero-turn sounds like a good starting point.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:52 PM   #25
EvilSpirit1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark138 View Post
EvilSpirit1, your name suits you! I’m not alone!
I stole the idea from a monster truck I saw many years ago. Big V8, then lots of aeroquip hydraulic hose. But the zero-turn sounds like a good starting point.
LOL - the name comes from an AMC Spirit I used to race, and it carried over to being used as forum member names. I'm usually reasonably mellow until poked with forum troll sticks.

As to the hydraulic drive. Even if plumbed in parallel from a single port on the spool valve I don't know how well the individual wheel motors would self adjust their speeds due to turns, etc. I'm not sure if a typical cart electric motor would run a pump that would power 4 wheel motors, or at what speed. I see an exercise in engineering and hydraulics that would be a neat project, but not an easy or cost effective one.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:12 AM   #26
rib33024

Ok guys let's try to stay on track with Ransom276's needs with what he wants to build
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:33 AM   #27
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Thanks rib, apologies for railroading the thread. Someone needs to be the adult, and obviously it’s not my turn,
Old 11-12-2019, 02:02 AM   #28
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Glad I'm not alone In knowing what AMC means! Back to topic, I'm not sure this stands to any reason, but I'll throw it out here anyway. If I were attempting this, I would run "next larger" gauge wires from the first motor to the second motor, just to be 100% sure it never got treated "second fiddle" in this mix. I'm not sure I "approve of" this whole plan in general, but, I won't "nay-say" because I also want to know if it will work. I may be skeptical in my mind, but the curiosity is itching! Don't use the stock-style rotary F&R switch, it can't handle your madness. Maybe a SW202 setup?(and bigger than that is better, but I can't remember the "next bigger" size part number, it's huge & awesome!).. Carry on & god-speed!

Dang, it's been a while since I built a "crazy monster"! I need to talk to the boss about that!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 07:43 AM   #29
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Why don't you add a 7 module set of Lithium Leaf batteries to the second motor? A 7 module set is pretty compact and would provide you with more run time?

Just thinking out loud.

FWIW
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO