lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2019, 12:39 PM   #1
JimsTXT
Not Yet Wild

Default TXT 48V dying

We currently have a 2015 EZGO TXT 48V. The batteries are stamped L-4 so roughly 5 years old. We took it camping last week and after about 15 minutes of drive time I could smell burnt electric. Found a bad cable that was extremely hot and one of the batteries was as well. The positive post looked damaged. We ran and grabbed a new battery and cable, so we could enjoy the rest of our trip. Low and behold the problem still exists. After about 15 minutes it’s sluggish and runs less than 5mph. No longer has the hot cable or battery.

Today I tested each battery individually. They all range from 8.3v to 8.52v. I put a load on each of them individually and they all show weak/charge and recheck.

The charger blinks green until it is over 80% then solid green.

I am at a loss and would appreciate any help or what step to take next.
JimsTXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2019, 03:12 PM   #2
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT 48V dying

sounds like you have a battery or more dropping out. you can verify by driving with a volt meter hooked up to the pack. with the age of the batteries, it sounds like its time for replacements.
Phil_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 03:26 PM   #3
JimsTXT
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Billy View Post
sounds like you have a battery or more dropping out. you can verify by driving with a volt meter hooked up to the pack. with the age of the batteries, it sounds like its time for replacements.
Thank you sir! That’s my initial thought but I don’t want to dump $600+ and it be something else. I might be over thinking the volt meter while driving piece, but does it matter which battery/batteries I put it on while driving?
Old 12-14-2019, 04:59 PM   #4
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Put it on the first and last in the series to see what the whole pack is doing. Put the leads on each battery and drive up a good hill, if you want to check each one.

The first and last will be the ones with the large cables going to components other than another battery.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 06:19 PM   #5
JimsTXT
Not Yet Wild

Problem solved! 6 new batteries and no issues. It runs between 15-17 mph which is the normal for it. Thank you all for your help!
Old 12-14-2019, 08:04 PM   #6
rm2077
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

a 48 volt pack should read right around 52 volts with a new pack. i just got 8 new T-105 yesterday. time to get my ride back
rm2077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO