lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2020, 11:31 AM   #1
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default RXV Manufacturing Date Code

I recently purchased a refurbished 48v RXV that I was told was a 2015 model. It has a 2016 style body and was super clean, but I noticed afterward that it also had a Danaher controller which I understand was changed by EZ GO to Curtis beginning 2012.

The Textron serial number lookup failed to find my S/N, and I couldn't find any definitive way to decipher the Mfg Date Code on the front frame label. I sent the info to Textron Customer service and they confirmed that my cart was a 2010, not a 2015.

The last two digits of the RXV Mfg Date Code are the year. Just posting this here in hopes it may help others.

Chevota Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2020, 12:33 PM   #2
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: RXV Manufacturing Date Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevota Guy View Post
I recently purchased a refurbished 48v RXV that I was told was a 2015 model. It has a 2016 style body and was super clean, but I noticed afterward that it also had a Danaher controller which I understand was changed by EZ GO to Curtis beginning 2012.

The Textron serial number lookup failed to find my S/N, and I couldn't find any definitive way to decipher the Mfg Date Code on the front frame label. I sent the info to Textron Customer service and they confirmed that my cart was a 2010, not a 2015.

The last two digits of the RXV Mfg Date Code are the year. Just posting this here in hopes it may help others.

The dealer who sold you that is almost as reputable as the used car dealer with' buy here pay here'. What a cheat.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 01:51 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

It is possible it was an ezgo rebuild based on the serial number that starts with a 5 but chances are it was a 2010 cart rebuilt with newer cosmetics.. Dealer should have known that..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 02:20 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

4-26-2010 build date. They didnt "accidentally sell it to you as the wrong year", they are scamming!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 02:21 PM   #5
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I personally would be quite upset about the issue. I'd be holding the dealer's feet to the fire on this one. Cart should be what it is represented. I'd especially want the newer Curtis controller knowing of all the issues with the older ones. Does the paperwork given to you state it was a 2015 model?
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 02:57 PM   #6
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the helpful replies. This is my first cart and I only learned about the controller from all of the excellent info here on BGW. If I hadn't learned these things, I'd be blissfully happy like the day I purchased it...........sometimes ignorance is bliss

My phone app says it tops out at 24mph. That is with 20.6" tires. Should I be worried about the controller?
Old 03-17-2020, 03:03 PM   #7
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
I personally would be quite upset about the issue. I'd be holding the dealer's feet to the fire on this one. Cart should be what it is represented. I'd especially want the newer Curtis controller knowing of all the issues with the older ones. Does the paperwork given to you state it was a 2015 model?
The final invoice does NOT state the year. The shop manager told me 2015 when I asked specifically for the model year. While very disappointing, the cart is super clean (CA cart) and looks and runs great, so I'll just make sure my friends and neighbors know about it. We're in a new neighborhood and there are 500 more homes and potential carts to be sold here.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO