lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2020, 09:59 AM   #1
PRGcarts
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV hpd sequencing and EM brake missing

I’m getting these two errors after replacing brake, controller, brake switch. This is a danaher to Curtis controller conversion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PRGcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2020, 06:27 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV hpd sequencing and EM brake missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRGcarts View Post
I’m getting these two errors after replacing brake, controller, brake switch. This is a danaher to Curtis controller conversion
It sounds like the motor brake wire splice was made to the wrong wire in the harness. Doing that is usually a controller killing mistake.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 10:24 PM   #3
Valentine
Not Yet Wild

New to the thread. But how can one reach out to you bob for your services ?
Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:10 AM   #4
biphase
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentine View Post
New to the thread. But how can one reach out to you bob for your services ?
Yes, I am in need of a 1206AC reflash (I think) and I would like to reach Bob as well.
biphase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 07:52 PM   #5
PRGcarts
Not Yet Wild

The cart ran for two years and stopped all of a sudden the customer said. If that was the case wouldn't it have shown up long ago? This is a conversion so it has the adapter block that the factory harness plugs to and the short harness from danaher to curtis jumps from there. Failed to mention also on the programmer the brake command is always at 100%, this would be the brake switch I would think but replaced it.
PRGcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:30 PM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRGcarts View Post
The cart ran for two years and stopped all of a sudden the customer said. If that was the case wouldn't it have shown up long ago? This is a conversion so it has the adapter block that the factory harness plugs to and the short harness from danaher to curtis jumps from there. Failed to mention also on the programmer the brake command is always at 100%, this would be the brake switch I would think but replaced it.
Check the status of the connections on the Run Plug under the cupholder, looking for corrosion interfering with the +48V and pack - to the motor brake. As for the conversion kit...

There are 2 wires in the conversion kit that must be spliced into the harness when installing it. One (orange) is 5V to a signal encoder to seperate the motor speed encoder power from the throttle and brake encoders power. The other (white) is to convert the motor brake (parking brake) from the Danaher configuration to the Curtis configuration. That one connects to a specific white or grey wire in the harness, actual color depends upon the year of the Danaher harness in the cart. If that wire is connected wrong, the end result is a burned out motor brake status input on the controller, resulting in the error code that you are seeing. The only cure to that is replacing the controller, after correcting the wiring issue.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO