lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2020, 12:36 PM   #1
NoTyme
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Almost a coronary pricing carb on E-Z-Go web site

Does E-Z-Go really think they will sell a carburetor for $400 plus when you can find them on Amazon for under $50?
Almost had a coronary looking at the priced. They wanted more for just the float than the whole carb on Amazon.
NoTyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2020, 12:42 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Almost a coronary pricing carb on E-Z-Go web site

Yes.

Oem is $$$ but IMO money well spent. I’ve not had much luck with Amazon carbs in general, with any kind of machine. I haven’t had one yet that worked on a golf cart. Sure they run, but not necessarily run “well”.

Most the time though, the carb doesn’t need to be replaced. A good cleaning will save 99% of them
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 12:55 PM   #3
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Yes.

Oem is $$$ but IMO money well spent. I’ve not had much luck with Amazon carbs in general, with any kind of machine. I haven’t had one yet that worked on a golf cart. Sure they run, but not necessarily run “well”.

Most the time though, the carb doesn’t need to be replaced. A good cleaning will save 99% of them
What he said
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 01:26 PM   #4
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

I will say that I wouldn't pay $400 for a carburetor . I guess I might try one of those cheap ones for testing purpose only
I found an ezgo dealer who has them for $248.99 with free shipping. If I really wanted my cart to run correct and I just had to have a carb I would pay that.
Old 10-28-2020, 02:34 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Or buy a used one on eBay for $50-100 and even if it needs some love, between your old one and the eBay one surely you could get one good oem carb between the two
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 03:35 PM   #6
NoTyme
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Yes.

At first I thought the float was bad as gas was just leaking out of the end of the carb but after removing it seems NOT to be full of gas. The gasket between the carb and the piece that connects to the air filter hose is dissolved so Im not sure of the issue so I will order a new one. I never had much luck rebuilding a carb so a new one seems to be the way for me to go.
Old 10-28-2020, 03:39 PM   #7
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTyme View Post
At first I thought the float was bad as gas was just leaking out of the end of the carb but after removing it seems NOT to be full of gas. The gasket between the carb and the piece that connects to the air filter hose is dissolved so Im not sure of the issue so I will order a new one. I never had much luck rebuilding a carb so a new one seems to be the way for me to go.
If you get the cheap one please post back how it does. Good luck.
Old 11-01-2020, 10:56 AM   #8
NoTyme
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
If you get the cheap one please post back how it does. Good luck.
OK, picked this one up off Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Installed it yesterday and drove a good 3 miles out here on the country roads. Seems to run fine, but the only difference I can see, well actually feel is the pedal has to be pressed down a bit farther for the cart to respond. I am going to take a look at any adjustment to see if I can tweak it a bit.
My stock engine with the lift and 22" tires will run 20/21 MPH so no change there, just the amount of travel in the pedal to respond.
I made no adjustment just bolted it on... Oh and I had to carefully remove the plastic throttle retaining clip from the old carb and fit it to the new one. I was worried with it being plastic and the possibility of it being brittle and breaking, but no issues there.
Sure beat the $400 plus price on E-Z-Go's web site.
Old 11-01-2020, 02:32 PM   #9
225dxFreak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I just ordered an eBay carb at $16 For my 3pg. I will update with its performance after I install it.
If I were to speculate any change in performance is probably due to a difference in jet sizes. Perhaps oem jets could be installed in new carb.
I’ll see if I can get the numbers off oem and the eBay one to compare and I’ll get some measurements of the ID at both ends for more data comparison.
225dxFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 03:14 PM   #10
225dxFreak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

As promised...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AD464BC0-9292-4489-8F52-224B38C77A2E.jpg (161.0 KB, 0 views)
225dxFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO