lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2020, 03:26 PM   #11
NoTyme
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Almost a coronary pricing carb on E-Z-Go web site

Quote:
Originally Posted by 225dxFreak View Post
I just ordered an eBay carb at $16 For my 3pg. I will update with its performance after I install it.
If I were to speculate any change in performance is probably due to a difference in jet sizes. Perhaps oem jets could be installed in new carb.
I’ll see if I can get the numbers off oem and the eBay one to compare and I’ll get some measurements of the ID at both ends for more data comparison.
I had mine out today with the Amazon carb I bought. Was running flat out and lifted the pedal and POP got a backfire. Maybe I need to adjust it a bit, LOL.
NoTyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2020, 03:35 PM   #12
225dxFreak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Intake side opening, both have a smooth machined bore eBay=.708” oem=.707”
Air filter side opening at the flange eBay=.965” oem=.953” I measure this diameter at the flange because the opening on this end of the casting has draft angle on it from where the core of the mold can be released to creat that cylindrical feature inside the carb.
Measurement from flange to flange mounting surfaces eBay=2.690” oem=2.725” the difference is in the thickness of the intake flange.
eBay=main jet is threaded into the long brass atomizer tube or whatever it’s called
Oem=main jet is threaded into the nut that secures the bowl to carb body. If you lose this threaded nut/jet combo like I did, you’re screwed. Well it’s somewhere out in the yard so I guess I kinda know where it is.
eBay finish looks great other than some flashing from the casting process on one of the thru holes of the intake flange, broke out easy with a screwdriver.
eBay mixture screw has a spring, oem mixture screw has a lock nut.
eBay idle or slow jet? Looks identical however eBay has no markings on this jet or the main jet for that matter.
90 degree fuel flange fitting is steel on eBay, brass on oem.
eBay fit to intake and air filter bracket is excellent.
Turned the mixture screw all the way in and then backed out two turns and eBay carb fires the 3pg right up once the pump filled the bowl.
It should also be noted that during my inspection and reassembly I blasted compressed air thru everything to clear out any metal shavings and then drop straight stabilizer thru every whole/jet/etc. I do this on all my carbs and so far it’s always prevented anything from sticking or getting stripped if I ever have to disassemble again.
225dxFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 03:37 PM   #13
225dxFreak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTyme View Post
I had mine out today with the Amazon carb I bought. Was running flat out and lifted the pedal and POP got a backfire. Maybe I need to adjust it a bit, LOL.
If it pops after lifting your foot off play with the mixture screw or check for intake leaks
Old 11-02-2020, 03:52 PM   #14
225dxFreak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Here’s some more pics for comparison.
I was also surprised to see that the eBay carb actually has evidence of lock tight on the two little screws that hold the butterfly on the throttle.
Definitely a solid purchase. Perhaps it’s hit or miss with these but I’d buy again for sure. Keep in mind that I disassembled and cleared every passageway out with compressed air before using too.
Old 11-02-2020, 03:54 PM   #15
225dxFreak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A9C2FDCB-9B72-46F6-A19D-38870E9D05F3.jpeg (433.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-02-2020, 04:00 PM   #16
225dxFreak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Also recommend a little fuel filter like this if you don’t already have one. If your cart still has that oem metal section of fuel line like mine, then it’s probably flaking off tiny pieces of junk that could get caught in your jets or make you float stick open or closed and either starve the engine or flood the carb.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ED278632-3F47-4193-8E25-50EF4B50D6E7.jpg (119.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-02-2020, 05:58 PM   #17
NoTyme
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Figured out my issue. I have a case of cable stretch. I adjusted my cable at the rear of the cart and took up most of the slack but rpm's bothered me. Pedal to the metal was too high of RPM. I did find a happy medium.
Let us know how the carb works out.
NoTyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 09:42 AM   #18
225dxFreak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Glad to hear its coming along for you. I forgot to mention earlier be careful you dont attach the throttle linkage to the carb incorrectly like I did in the last pic i attached with it assembled. It only opened up to 1/2 throttle in that configuration, which is actually where the linkage to the oil injection pump should be connected.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:51 AM   #19
225dxFreak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Green arrow is pointing to the correct ball that throttle linkage should be attached to. I’ll probably cut off the extra bit with the ball circled in red which should also make some room for a clamp on filter I’d like to install.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3CFBB64A-7037-4D67-9A92-162A8609E522.jpg (123.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-03-2020, 12:21 PM   #20
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Glad you had a positive outcome with the cheap carb. I’ve never been so lucky with them, but keep a pile of old carbs around for spare parts and stuff :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO