lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2020, 12:38 PM   #1
langstonjones
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 2007 ydre

I have a friend that put new batteries in his cart. Backed up and went forward for a little bit and now nothing. When I got there this morning and was just looking over everything he'd done and the solenoid would just randomly click to the point I had to verify with him that that was what I was hearing. It was. So it was clicking with pedal being depressed but no movement and backup buzzer was working. Now it's not clicking or beeping. One side of big terminal on solenoid to pack neg is 50v and other side is 0v. Any ideas what I may be missing here?
langstonjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2020, 11:27 AM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: 2007 ydre

for starters, push the gas pedal down and roll the cart back and forth, if it reacts to the movement you have a motor issue being brushes or brushes and armature.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 12:10 PM   #3
langstonjones
Gone Wild

Club Car

Don’t wanna sound dumb, but what kind of reaction should I be looking for?
langstonjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 07:13 PM   #4
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If it happens, you will know it.
Croqezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 07:36 PM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you start it moving and it starts off under its own power. Kind of a push start.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 09:50 AM   #6
hipower
Getting Wild
Club Car

Couple weeks old now, I would hope the problem is cured by now, but don't know for sure.

The first two things I would determine in a case like this would be that the person changing the batteries didn't short something when changing the batteries, it happens more than we think. Sometimes with bad results, other times it's isn't a problem. Second I would confirm the batteries are all connected properly. Many times I've found a battery reversed or simply a very poor connection.

It is easy to overlook the most obvious and simple things while looking for something more nefarious.
hipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha