lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2020, 07:21 PM   #1
december45
Not Yet Wild

Default Justs Quits 96 EZGO

The cart is a 1996 EZGO Serial # 96 4313, Man # H 2896
The cart gets used daily around the acreage, and its been well USED.
The Trouble, It has recently started acting up, batteries are about a year old, they are charged, and every thing seems to be in working order. It will run along fine and then just quit, it will not respond to the go pedal and will just sit there, if i push the cart by hand it will start running again, (Its kind of like it catches) and it will take off and run fine for a few days, then just quit. (its like it runs out of gas, but its battery powered.) It is becoming more and more frequent. This has been going on over the past 6 months.
The last time it happened, it just quit as i pulled into the garage, I let it sit there over night and the next morning it started off like there was no problem, this afternoon, it quit again and i have not done any thing with it yet.
no tow switch, and I don't think i can hear the solenoid, is the solenoid located inside the black box under the seat on the passenger side of the cart?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
december45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2020, 08:14 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Justs Quits 96 EZGO

Sounds like you have a series drive. Is there a rod from the direction select lever by your knee over to a mechanical assembly in front of the controller cover under passenger seat? If so , it is a series drive.

Except for the pushing it and it'll start running again, it sounds like the controller is overheating and shutting down. The pushing part make me suspect the brushes are almost worn too short.

The attached service manual ought to cover your cart, EZGO didn't change the series drive much over the years.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 09:04 PM   #3
december45
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Justs Quits 96 EZGO

Thanks for that information it will come in handy
december45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO