lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2010, 03:03 PM   #1
rlowe
Not Yet Wild

Default 'Drive' (g29) qustions

I just took delivery of an '07 G29. I have a couple of questions.

The brake pedal seems to travel a couple of inches before it engages. If you push it to the floor, the cart will skid to a stop. I did not see any adjustments for the brake cable to tighten it up. I also understand that this is a sealed wet brake. Is there any adjustments for this type of brake?

This cart has good torque, however my top speed is 12 mph. I would like to get the 19 that has been advertised. Is there a way to code the cart for that?

Thanks!
rlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: 'Drive' (g29) qustions

All the way at the bottom 8-9 it shows you how to adjust it -

Post up some pics, have fun with it

http://www.yamahagolfcar.com/partsan...rsmanuals.aspx
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
rlowe
Not Yet Wild

Cool! Thanks!
Old 05-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #4
rlowe
Not Yet Wild

grrr. rusty cable in there. I got some of the play out, but I need a better wrench to get leverage over the rusty threads. Maybe give the penetrate time to work.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:41 PM   #5
rib33024

Yeah they get a little dirty and rusty down there, just spray it and let it soak
Where's the pics of the cart--
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:08 AM   #6
rlowe
Not Yet Wild

I will get some pics up today. So, looks like it should be programmable. Does anyone know what the max speed is on a stock cart? Factory is apparently 12 mph.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:10 AM   #7
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlowe View Post
I will get some pics up today. So, looks like it should be programmable. Does anyone know what the max speed is on a stock cart? Factory is apparently 12 mph.
Yes a Yamaha Dealer can program your computer. They can set the "Regen" kick in point to be at a higher speed. If you want 19 mph, you will need to purchase the "PTV" upgrade. It is really a factory code they will use for programing your car, but the rules to purchase say, you must have head and tailites, a horn and special reflectors. You should also be able to buy a aftermarket "high speed motor" and get about 23 mph, but you you will loose the regen feature and may loose tourque. I only recomend on flat ground without upgrading controller also. Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:37 PM   #8
rlowe
Not Yet Wild

Pics of the cart:

Forgot to mention, but evident in the battery pic. The cart came equipped with a flow-rite battery water system. Need to get a pump.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha