lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2011, 11:39 PM   #1
mcsusan
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default '85 G2E Not Working

I have a '85 Yamaha G2E golf cart. I bought it 3 months ago, put new batteries in it, and it has ran great. Sunday it died. With key on, push peddle and nothing (no clicking) happens. I put it on the charger for 12 hours, thinking it was just needing charged. Again, nothing. The Charger is an old ez go charger but I know it was working when I received the cart due to the full charge. I check the voltage of each battery and none of them are charged (or they are very low). When the cart is plugged into the charger, the cable going to the cart is very warm and also the part on the cart the plug goes in.

Keep in mind, I'm a girl and have no idea about electrical golf carts. Any suggestions? How do I know the Charger is working? How would I know if the part on the cart the charges goes into is working?

Thanks,

Susan
mcsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #2
mcsusan
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: '85 G2E Not Working

So I charged all the batteries and cleaned all the battery connectors. It ran long enough for me to get out of the garage and then 'nothing'. Dead again. Also noticed that just trying to get it to run again drained the first and last battery.

Help!

Susan
Old 06-09-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
mcsusan
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

So, I hooked up the charger for a few hours today and 'wham' it ran. Don't get it at all.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
multifasited
Not Yet Wild

Susan, Don't feel bad,I ran field service for 30 yrs.cannot tell you how many times ,a problem healed itself before my very eyes ,that I could not explain,to this day.All you can do is follow the logicaly path .some times some things seam to cure themselves.If the problem returns ,start with the basics
clean contacts ,I always use no-lox [anti-corrosion ,main use is for dissimilar
metal contacts like alum. to copper ,keeps stronger material from eating softer material thru electrolisis .you can get it at any electrical supply .A lite coat on the charge plug after cleaned ,also check female contacts may not be making good contact with charger plug .disconnect grd. on battery,center screw on female charger plug in should let you see contacts ,mine needed squeezed together just a little to restore good contact with plug.plug no longer get warm ,because good contact eliminated bad contact heating.
I have used that on all major connections including f-r sw. and excellerator
switch ,when I had to service and resurface excellerator wiper the No-lox
also lubrucates Made a major difference in power ,speed and Charging.

My very best to you:
Multifasited
multifasited is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha