lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2015, 07:53 PM   #1
Sakislayer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default TXT 48v upgrade -- question Blue/Orange wire

So - switching over my 06' TXT to a 48V system. New batteries in, in SPM series speed controller, new F/R contactor in.... even added a nice voltage monitor -- all provided by Scotty B at carts unlimited....

So two questions --

1) where do I hook up the ORANGE wire?

2) where do I hook up the blue wire? --- instructions say blue wire goes to the red wire??? What red wire?

Once I get these answered my cart will HOPEFULLY be SILLY-AWESOME.....

Thanks!
Sakislayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2015, 08:39 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT 48v upgrade -- question Blue/Orange wire

Is the blue red wire question in reference to replacing the rotary F&R with a reversing contactor?

The orange wire is half speed reverse..... do you want that?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:21 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakislayer View Post
So - switching over my 06' TXT to a 48V system. New batteries in, in SPM series speed controller, new F/R contactor in.... even added a nice voltage monitor -- all provided by Scotty B at carts unlimited....

So two questions --

1) where do I hook up the ORANGE wire?

2) where do I hook up the blue wire? --- instructions say blue wire goes to the red wire??? What red wire?

Once I get these answered my cart will HOPEFULLY be SILLY-AWESOME.....

Thanks!
since you mentioned you installed a new F&R switch.....

the BLUE wire comes from the front of the car....and comes from your key switch and attaches to the DIRVERS side micro switch (MS2) on the F&R Switch. you should see a little RED jumper wire that goes between the two micro switches.

the ORANGE wire goes "to and from" the other micro switch (MS4) to the connector on your controller. if you don't have a molex connector on your controller and instead have individual spade connections, the orange wire connects to the #3 spade (its the one in the middle, there are a total of 6 across the top of the controller).
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:15 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Attached are Ezgo install instructions for the rotary F&R and the Reversing contactor from http://www.cartsunlimited.net/

They show where the Blue and orange wires go for each type of directional switching device. The orange wire is optional 1/2 speed reverse. If desired connect as shown. I hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0.1Ezgo F&R instruc EZ575.jpg (111.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg .02 EZ TXT revised 7_14_14.jpg (272.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-18-2015, 09:52 PM   #5
Sakislayer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Is the blue red wire question in reference to replacing the rotary F&R with a reversing contactor? --- YES --- I replaced the F&R with a reversing contactor

The orange wire is half speed reverse..... do you want that? ---- NOT SURE if I do or don't..... Right now I left it not connected....... IF I deciced I wanted the 1/2 speed reverse -- where do I connect that orange wire?

I got the blue wire connected and I have to say -- SCOTTY -- you are the man! My cart is AWESOMETASTICE now! The upgrade to 48v, the new speed controller, the reversing contactor and the LED battery guage -- I couldn't be happier! I have a little clean up to do (but some of the small wires in wirelum & do some wire ties) but other than that I'm done and it is so much better. I will be contacting you Scotty about a power inverter...... I want to hook my head lights back up (before I had them running off 2 6v batteries)....... with the 48v upgrade I'll do it correctly and get an inverter....
Old 03-18-2015, 10:03 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You should have gotten a secret supplemental instruction sheet with the reversing contactor kit.
It clearly shows the optional 1/2 speed reverse. Email me if you can't find it or need clarification..... another little know use for 1/2 speed reverse is inducing 1/2 speed forward and reverse ... as in - kiddy mode. Simply install a hidden 15-20a 2 pole on/off switch. Bring a battery pack (+) wire to one side and the orange wire to the other side of the switch... you will have 1/2 speed operation at the click of a (hidden) switch A great option for Dad's hotrod golf cart.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:04 PM   #7
Sakislayer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I do have the instructions --- and on the reverse switch I see the hook up....

So --- I guess the way it works.... B+ goes to the switch (I have the jumper installed) ---- and the orange wire would be connected to the reverse side.... so basically the reverse switch would be connecting the orange wire to B+ when I hit reverse.... supplying voltage to the controller -- telling it to reduce power....

I like the "kiddie" mode...... I have a 12 yr old niece who is a speed demon..... but I also have a 7 year old nephew..... not sure he can handle 48volts!

Thanks SCOTTY!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO