lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2016, 05:37 PM   #1
Jwc1621
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Admiral B2 or D2?

Looking for some recommendations and feedback from you guys on motor selection. I tried a D&D motor on my rebuilt cart but figured out that the motor that was installed was not correct for my setup or my controller. Below is my setup and I would be interested if anyone has similar setups with some speed #'s for an Admiral B2 or a D2. Thanks!

EZGO TXT 42V PDS
5" Lift, 22" Tires, Back Seat
Alltrax XCT48400 Controller w/ 4g cables
Jwc1621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2016, 06:31 PM   #2
skipsmith521
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I was in your situation about 5 months ago...

Someone at Alltrax suggested I call EMP Motors and they can build a motor that would give me the speed and torque that I wanted.

I said it sounds expensive, but they said it really was not and worth a phone call.

I called and spoke with Chuck and he built a motor that gave me exactly what I wanted...great customer service.

Just Google "EMP motors" and ask for Chuck.

There are other folks on this message board that has nice things to say about EMP as well.

Worth a call...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
skipsmith521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 02:51 PM   #3
mattadata
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Admiral B2 or D2?

I have the XCT 500 on 48V with the Admiral D2 on 19 inch tires. I am happy with the torque and top speed of 27 mph.

Since you have 22 inch tires, perhaps the higher torque B2 motor might be better.
mattadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 03:31 PM   #4
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Admiral B2 or D2?

admiral mot-b2 48v when I had the dcx 400 in the cart I hit just over 35 before I shut it down dirt roads are not the best place to try a speed run, running about the same thing now except the controller is now a xct400 haven't tried a top speed run with this setup
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO