lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2016, 08:04 PM   #1
Obz
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation Need some help with an RXV...

Alright, looking to the GURU's to help me out with something here. I have a 2010 RXV that is having some issues. When I turn the key I don't get a beep nor a click from the solenoid, nothing. I thought maybe it was the controller, so I swapped off of another cart that works great and it has the EXACT same problem. I noticed that when I plug in the motor break I get a click and the cart moves freely (as if in neutral) even when the key is turned to off. I have NO idea what's going on. I figured replacing the controller/solenoid would do the job, but did nothing and the cart is acting the exact same. Ideas guys?
Obz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2016, 08:05 PM   #2
Obz
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need some help with an RXV...

Oh one other item to mention, the brake gets CRAZY hot when plugged in for a little bit. I've also tried the brake on the other cart that works, and it does the same thing.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:17 PM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Check the position of your run/tow switch. If your run/tow switch is in run position, you need to confirm the brake bypass plugs/sockets. You will need to look under the plastic controller cover. You will find 2 pairs of plugs/sockets. For normal operation, #1 plugs into #2, and #3 plugs into #4. If #1 is plugged into #3, then that will hold the motor brake on and released. you would need to plug #1 into #2 and #3 into #4. Here is a rundown of the motor brake circuit.

Positive 48V to the motor brake is fused by Fuse #1 (yellow wires) and is switched by the key switch. It comes out of the key switch on a red wire, passes through the run plug socket (pin 8 to pin 7) comes out (red wire) to Jumper plug #2 (pin B). Jumper plug #2 is plugged into Jumper Socket #1 (pin B). The wire continues (red wire) to the brake switch (pin A). The output from the brake switch (pin B) (white wire) goes to the motor brake plug, which plugs into the motor brake. The negative from the motor brake plug (black/white wire) goes to jumper Socket #1 (pin C) to Jumper Plug #2 (pin C) (black/white wire) to the run plug socket (pin 6 to pin 4) and comes out (black wire) to pin 2 of the controller. The controller applies negative to power on the brake, which releases the brake. If anything is wrong in this chain of wires, it can be traced out. Chances are slim of a failure in the harness like that to apply power to the brake with the key switch off. Probably the jumpers #1/#2/#3/#4 are set wrong.

Here is a wiring diagram.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Danaher Wiring 12-06-2009 to 01-23-2012.jpg (230.5 KB, 0 views)
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 10:30 PM   #4
Obz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Check the position of rour run/tow switch. If your run/tow switch is in run position, you need to confirm the brake bypass plugs/sockets. You will need to look under the plastic controller cover. You will find 2 pairs of plugs/sockets. For normal operation, #1 plugs into #2, and #3 plugs into #4. If #1 is plugged into #3, then that will hold the motor brake on and released. you would need to plug #1 into #2 and #3 into #4. Here is a rundown of the motor brake circuit.

Positive 48V to the motor brake is fused by Fuse #1 (yellow wires) and is switched by the key switch. It comes out of the key switch on a red wire, passes through the run plug socket (pin 8 to pin 7) comes out (red wire) to Jumper plug #2 (pin B). Jumper plug #2 is plugged into Jumper Socket #1 (pin B). The wire continues (red wire) to the brake switch (pin A). The output from the brake switch (pin B) (white wire) goes to the motor brake plug, which plugs into the motor brake. The negative from the motor brake plug (black/white wire) goes to jumper Socket #1 (pin C) to Jumper Plug #2 (pin C) (black/white wire) to the run plug socket (pin 6 to pin 4) and comes out (black wire) to pin 2 of the controller. The controller applies negative to power on the brake, which releases the brake. If anything is wrong in this chain of wires, it can be traced out. Chances are slim of a failure in the harness like that to apply power to the brake with the key switch off. Probably the jumpers #1/#2/#3/#4 are set wrong.

Here is a schematic.
That's it! It was the plugs. They were plugged in 1/3 and 2/4. Switched them around and everything is running great! Thanks for the help!!
Old 12-13-2016, 10:47 PM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obz View Post
That's it! It was the plugs. They were plugged in 1/3 and 2/4. Switched them around and everything is running great! Thanks for the help!!
Glad to hear that was it! Easy fix.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 11:06 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Bob nailed it again! I was thinking the same thing, but late to the party.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO