lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2017, 11:10 AM   #11
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help! 19" tires wont fit stock txt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid1 View Post
I thought about that, but I didn't heat the plastics when I installed it. I only heated the vinyl.
Maybe the wrap is pulling the fenders slightly forward. I've never wrapped anything but have seen it done and they used heat and tugged pretty hard to get it smooth. Does it tighten up when cooling?
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2017, 12:53 PM   #12
Slimshad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Maybe the width or offset of the rims is the issue. If they were inside the fenders they wouldn't hit.. Chevy trucks have this issue all the time.
Slimshad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:11 PM   #13
LVCJ
going,.. going,.. gone!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by whit71 View Post
You said you just got it, and it looks worse on the passenger side. Where did you get it from? If the springs are seated like they are supposed to be, and it is worse on the passenger side the frame could be bent, or the body could be twisted on the frame, or you could have a bent spring. You may want to look real hard at the underside of the cart and see if it look like it was wrecked. Hope you figure it out, good luck.
^^^agree with this. Take some hard measurements on the springs, center distances of axle from end points of each spring. Then take measurement from one corner front spring attach point to the rear back spring attach point on the opposite spring. Do this for each side. Trying to determine how "square" that rearend assembly is (frame, springs, axle). If this is found to be fine, then the body becomes next focus.
LVCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:51 PM   #14
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
The tires should measure 19.31" overall using the supplied size of 225/30-14
I have those same tires on Madjax Velocity wheels. They measure a tad over 20" in reality. However they should still fit I think.

Your fenders look pulled in (forward) compared to mine. Wheel arch looks different tho hard to tell for sure unless side by side.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:20 PM   #15
jdavid1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
I have those same tires on Madjax Velocity wheels. They measure a tad over 20" in reality. However they should still fit I think.

Your fenders look pulled in (forward) compared to mine. Wheel arch looks different tho hard to tell for sure unless side by side.
Yeah I have been trying to compare. I thought this morning the back fenders look like they are pulled in too much compared to other ones I have been looking at. I'll measure the frame and axles tonight. It rides fine and the tire wear was even when I got it. I doubt the frame is out of whack.

I think I'm just going to move the axle up a half inch and be done with it. Hopefully that works.
jdavid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:46 AM   #16
whit71
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid1 View Post
Yeah I have been trying to compare. I thought this morning the back fenders look like they are pulled in too much compared to other ones I have been looking at. I'll measure the frame and axles tonight. It rides fine and the tire wear was even when I got it. I doubt the frame is out of whack.

I think I'm just going to move the axle up a half inch and be done with it. Hopefully that works.
Just a suggestion, but measure your leaf springs and see if the mounting point is in the center, if they aren't you might be able to turn them around and move the axle forward. if you have access to another TXT measure the springs on it, It could be possible that at some point in the carts life a previous owner could have removed the springs for some reason and put them back on the wrong way by mistake. Good luck
whit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:21 AM   #17
jdavid1
Not Yet Wild

Thanks whit71. That is a good idea. Hopefully that's what happened and it would be a simple fix. I'll measure tonight.
jdavid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:08 AM   #18
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by whit71 View Post
Just a suggestion, but measure your leaf springs and see if the mounting point is in the center, if they aren't you might be able to turn them around and move the axle forward. if you have access to another TXT measure the springs on it, It could be possible that at some point in the carts life a previous owner could have removed the springs for some reason and put them back on the wrong way by mistake. Good luck
When I started looking at that very thing to make a this very suggestion, and found that the centers of the springs on my TXT were AT the axel pin hole for the springs....so the axel is centered either way.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:24 PM   #19
MadjaxShane
Not Yet Wild

easiest fix would be to installed HD Rear springs which will add about 1/2 inch height to the rear.. (yes the cobras are a very large tire, but one of the best out there)
MadjaxShane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fit, size, stock, tires
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO