lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2017, 09:28 AM   #1
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile More speed

2010 EzGo TXT...Has had the dealer upgrade to the controller...$100 out the window...picked up some speed but nothing like other ExGo's I have driven. This cart is late model enough that I does NOT use the plug-in speed adapter. Looking for a solution. Any help is welcome.
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2017, 10:58 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: More speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss20 View Post
2010 EzGo TXT...Has had the dealer upgrade to the controller...$100 out the window...picked up some speed but nothing like other ExGo's I have driven. This cart is late model enough that I does NOT use the plug-in speed adapter. Looking for a solution. Any help is welcome.
Sounds like you have a 2010 TXT-48V, which uses a Curtis 1206HB controller.

If so, about 18.5 MPH is as fast as it will go with a stock drive system. However, if controller is labeled "TXT FLEET" the top speed might only be adjustable to 14.8 MPH. (I'm not 100% sure of this)

Things that can be done for more speed:

1. Replace controller with an Alltrax XCT48400-TXT48 or larger. That will up the speed into the mid 20's since the max motor RPM limit is now user adjustable. Also provides more low end torque due to the higher amp throughput.

2. Install taller tires. Tire heights up to about 20" can be installed without lifting the cart's frame & body off axles. Of course, the speed gain is offset by a torque loss. (For 20" tires you get a 11% speed gain and a 10% torque loss.)

3. Swap the 8-pole magnet disk on motor to a 4-pole magnet disk. That lies to the controller so the 4400 RPM max motor RPM imposed by the controller can be exceeded.

4. Install high-speed motor.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 03:46 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Xct48400txt = 23 mph right out of the box

XCT48500TXT, solenoid, cables, and
Admiral D2 = upper 20s
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:10 AM   #4
afairweather
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quick question gentlemen, I just got done installing the alltrax XCT48500 controller on stock motor with programming done by Scotty and it is awesome!!! I just want to be sure my top speed isn't too high right now. I am running 23 inch tires and getting as high as 30 mph and barely slowing down on small rolling hills all while my limo cart has 4 people on it. Motor temp as read by my infared thermometer is getting to approx 140 degrees. I have heard the attached fan on the alltrax running a couple times. I just want to make sure this is all ok on a stock motor because this has far exceeded expectations. Thanks for your reply and thank you Scotty for an awesome product and the support on install that this site provides!!
afairweather is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010 exgo txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO