lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2017, 03:34 PM   #11
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2013 EZGO RXV - Increase Speed?

I think I would stay away from that dealer in the future if it was me.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2017, 05:24 PM   #12
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
I think I would stay away from that dealer in the future if it was me.
I agree. My dealer wanted $100 extra for my cart to enable freedom mode. I chose not to, and took care of it myself.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:24 PM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Totally ignorant thought:

Is a passkey owned by the shop, for them to use for "perpetuity"? If so, they're getting something for half price, that they can profit on for perpetuity. In an ideal world, you should get a cut every time they use it, as half owner. In the real world, can you insist on a copy of the invoice where they actually purchased it, just to prove they don't already have one?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 12:35 AM   #14
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Totally ignorant thought:

Is a passkey owned by the shop, for them to use for "perpetuity"? If so, they're getting something for half price, that they can profit on for perpetuity. In an ideal world, you should get a cut every time they use it, as half owner. In the real world, can you insist on a copy of the invoice where they actually purchased it, just to prove they don't already have one?
Typically a dealer buys a multi-use passkey for a given price, then charges for each use. If he charges $100, he might profit $50 for each use until the number of uses runs out. The higher the number of uses, the higher the per use discount the dealer can get on the price of a passkey.

I prefer my method. My local dealer bought an OEM programmer, then asked me to show him how to toggle Freedom mode on without paying for a per use passkey. After the way he's treated me and his other customers, I declined to help him take advantage of his other customers. He can keep buying passkeys from E-Z-GO.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:28 AM   #15
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Passkeys are offered in 2 flavors. One-time use (hard to find, and I don't know price), and 20 use key. The 20 use key does just that, 20 cars, then its "used up". Let me assure you, it's not an "infinity use key". And Ezgo charges big bucks for the 20 use key to keep it out of the hands of the little guy.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO