lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2018, 04:27 PM   #11
mlanierjr
Getting Wild

Default Re: converted 48 volt CC Precedent LED light kit - which kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
Thanks again, Dave! I gather the newer OBC is the more cost effective way to go? Or maybe buy a new charger and sell my Powerdrive 3 and the now useless OBC?
That's the cheapest route.
mlanierjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2018, 08:03 PM   #12
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

So I dropped in that LGT-306L standard head/tail light kit for 2004+ Precedents using the Precedent style voltage reducer with harness for plug and play. It all went together well in the sense that all plugs made sense in the dash and even that reducer harness plugged in between the light and cart harness, no soldering required. I went over everything 3 times, checked and rechecked and hit the switch but NADA. I checked the reducer and its getting the full 50 volts from that accessory and its putting out 12 volts perfectly on output and back into the harness. At first I thought maybe the lights were defective but I checked the 6 pin plug at the headlight and no power there. Nothing on the taillights either. The local guy I got them from walked me through step by step on phone before I actually installed so Im perplexed. He said to call if any issues but he's closed for the evening. Any ideas out there? Maybe he gave me a reducer adapter harness for a 2008+ and the wiring is slightly different? Just thinking aloud...lol
Gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:46 AM   #13
mlanierjr
Getting Wild

Run/tow switch in run. Not sure about that, but I will check tonight. Is you cart switched on? My lights go off if the cart is switched off.
mlanierjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:19 AM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Check if you have +12v at the light switch (typically yellow wire), both the headlight and the taillight are connected together and turn on/off with the kit provided switch, usually a "pull switch".
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 11:40 AM   #15
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

so I kinda found the problem! Tow, Ignition these were all on. So I put the meter in the yellow switch wires and nothing...I then grabbed the harness and when it moves I got a reading. I turned everything off and disconnected the harness and sure enough one of the pins in the connector was pushed down lower and wasn't connecting. I got that fixed and verified all others and put it back together. I now get a reading at the yellow wires but its only 9.3 volts. So I connected up to lights and it all works except the sides of the headlights aren't lit....unless those are only for turn signal kit?
Old 04-04-2018, 11:50 AM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The DC converter output is not stable unless there is a minimum amount of load which your meter alone cannot provide.

You need to have the lights ON to get the proper reading from the DC converter +12v output.

Most light assemblies for the Precedent have a single element bulb for the side markers so they only work as turn signals.

If You don't need turn signals you can replace the bulbs with white bulbs and wire them with the headlight power.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:01 PM   #17
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The DC converter output is not stable unless there is a minimum amount of load which your meter alone cannot provide.

You need to have the lights ON to get the proper reading from the DC converter +12v output.

Most light assemblies for the Precedent have a single element bulb for the side markers so they only work as turn signals.

If You don't need turn signals you can replace the bulbs with white bulbs and wire them with the headlight power.
Thanks so much Sergio! Really appreciate all the help you and the forum folks provide.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:31 PM   #18
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

I opened up the headlight and looked at the marker lights. The marker LEDs are soldered on boards it seems so not insurmountable but would need a magnifying glass/goggles to work on something that small. (old eyes not like they used to be)

Unless the LEDs are sitting in little white sockets that are soldered to the board such that each LED can be pulled out and replaced? I would imagine not as that would be more costly.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:25 PM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I did not realize you had LED headlights, I was referring to the halogen headlights (like in the picture below).

I don't think yellow would work nice with the headlights if they are both ON at the same time.

You could always wire a 12v relay like:
Common = +12v
N.C. = power to marker
N.O. = power to headlight

That way the markers can be used as "DRL" and the switch on the dash would turn the relay ON in order to turn OFF the marker and turn ON the headlight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Precedent_Headlight.jpg (292.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-04-2018, 01:48 PM   #20
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks Sergio! Good plan!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car