lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2019, 06:27 PM   #1
Rob martin
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1992 marathon electrical problem

I have a 1992 marathon. I bought it from a guy who was going to rebuild, then decided to sell, so needless to say it was not fully assembled. My problem............# 1..the wiring from the accelerator control unit..from the manuals I’m looking at does not clearly indicate where the black and white wires from the control unit connect. I am assuming they connect to the FNR micro switches, but every sequence I try, no power. Problem #2... needing a diagram of the wiring from the accelerator control unit to the FNR switch.
Rob martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2019, 06:58 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1992 marathon electrical problem

The black and white wires are the throttle input to the controller from the pot box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pot Box cart schematic.jpg (110.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:08 PM   #3
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

short pair of the black and white wires go to the controller pins. black on pin 2 and white on pin 3 (blue wire is pin 1 on controller). if you out an ohm meter it should read pedal up 0 ohms and pedal down 5000 ohms.

the longer pair of wires other goes to the 2nd micro switch on the F+R for half speed reverse. good luck - Phil
Phil_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:11 PM   #4
Rob martin
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, thanks...I’ll have to decipher the pot box. Also, just checked for continuity between batteries 1 and 6.... red lead on #1 pos terminal and black lead on #6 meg terminal.....no tone, I guess meaning resistance. Put black lead on # 1 and red lead on #6 and got tone.......any idea as to what might be wrong?
Old 11-11-2019, 07:50 PM   #5
Rob martin
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, thanks...I’ll have to decipher the pot box. Also, just checked for continuity between batteries 1 and 6.... red lead on #1 pos terminal and black lead on #6 meg terminal.....no tone, I guess meaning resistance. Put black lead on # 1 and red lead on #6 and got tone.......any idea as to what might be wrong?
Old 11-15-2019, 07:35 AM   #6
Rob martin
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks JohnnyB.......the diagram is very useful..... I can now make all wiring is correct.

Phil Billy.....thanks for the info on the black and white wires coming from the pot.

With y’all’s help, I can now clean all connections and make sure all wiring is correct.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:09 PM   #7
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

your welcome Rob, I meant to forward this to you the other night. - Phil
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 90-95 MARATHON ELECTRIC TROUBLESHOOTING.pdf (737.5 KB, 0 views)
Phil_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 04:00 PM   #8
Rob martin
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Okay Phil_Billy.......I have followed the steps according to the attachment you sent me. Everything checks goods until the last step on page N-14 (test probe to B contact on FNR switch. I get no reading and the attachment you sent tops at page N15, which is a power wiring diagram. I have also relaxed the solenoid, resister and diode.
Old 11-20-2019, 04:04 PM   #9
Rob martin
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Don't know what this mean, but I am also getting three red blinking lights on the all transactions controller.
Old 11-20-2019, 07:31 PM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Ok, first, please never test your batteries with the "OHM" setting on your meter ever again. That's a horrible thing to do, and has likely damaged your meter. The OHM/resistance settings are for circuits that are not currently energized, and even a totally dead battery will have a little energy. Second, I assume you have a Alltrax AXE series controller (blue aluminum box with white cover strip, white end plates & terminals & led on one end). 3 red flashes on that controller is "High pedal disable", which means either the throttle is not "at-rest", is out of range, or no throttle connected when the controller was powered up. A controller configured for a marathon has to do these checks, or else a disconnected throttle would equal "full throttle right now" as soon as the controller powered up.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO