lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2020, 06:44 AM   #1
fletcher9000
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default What tire pressure for Villager LSV?

I have a shiny new 2020 Club Car Villager 2+2 LSV in my garage. Have been on a few trips around the island, and loving it so far! Who knew I'd get so many people talking to me from the sidewalk and other vehicles. In terms of tire pressure, the manual advises to look it up on clubcar.com. However, I can't seem to locate that information anywhere. Seems odd it's not actually in the manual itself. I'm hesitant to just run at the sidewall pressure - as that never really seems to be correct according to factory requirements. Anyone know the correct pressure, or otherwise where to find it online?
fletcher9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2020, 06:50 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: What tire pressure for Villager LSV?

I run 15 -20 psi and adjust from there is needed for weight and passengers. On the sidewall there should be a "MAX PSI" rating. Just do not go over that.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 05:37 PM   #3
fletcher9000
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Finally got around to checking them (since new a couple weeks ago) and they were all over the place as delivered.... 19, 35, 28, 30.

The mechanic from the shop I bought it with came out to fix one minor warranty thing, and I asked him... and he said 35.

Just odd that it's not in the manual and not available online either.

Anyone else? thx!
fletcher9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:53 PM   #4
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don't have a Villager but in my Precedent I run 20 in the rear and 18 at the front. The reason being that the weight (batteries and people) is in the back. I started running 20 all round which was the general advice but my front tyres are showing wear in the centre which indicates over-inflation so I've dropped them to 18.

I would suggest something similar (but slightly higher) for yours, say 20 at the front and 25-30 in the rear (depending on whether you have any people in the back seat).

One way to determine the psi needed is to draw a thick straight chalk line across each tyre, drive the cart on a straight smooth surface (like a bitumen road) in a straight line for about 20 yards then reverse to the starting point (don't turn around or you'll wipe the chalk marks). Look at the marks then change the tyre pressure and do it again.
  • If the mark is wiped out at the edge but still visible in the centre the pressure is too low
  • If the mark is wiped out in the centre but still visible on the edge the pressure is too high
  • If the mark is wiped out right across the pressure is good

You need to do it with different loads in the cart also.

Alternatively you can do it in your garage by using coloured chalk then pushing the cart over a piece of paper in a smooth floor. Chech the mark left on the paper.

35psi all round sounds way too high to me but the test will tell.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 07:06 PM   #5
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

By-the-way, if you use the chalk on the paper method then the mark on the paper is opposite. In other words:
  • If the mark on the paper is only visible in the centre the pressure is too high
  • If the mark on the paper is only visible on the edge the pressure is too low
  • If the mark on the paper is right across the pressure is good
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car