lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2020, 01:37 PM   #1
Jakenbake49
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question 2008 Club Car DS 48v with GE motor wont move after speed magnet installed

I have a 2008 Club Car DS 48v with the GE motor and recently did a 6 inch lift as well as replace the speed sensor magnet to a high speed magnet. Before doing any of the mentioned work the cart worked great for the two weeks we had it as we just wanted a different look with a bit more speed. After the installation was complete we hoped on and went to do a test ride. The pedal goes down the solenoid clicks the motor vibrates for about a sec and then nothing. Reverse still buzzes but does the same thing. I put the charger on and charged over night and went out to check to see if that worked. Nope same issue. Checked battery voltage and and all batteries are good. Dug further into the cart to follow lines to see if one became loose during the install and went to take the cover off the controller and noticed the factory controller was changed to a CURTIS 1510AS5 350. Wondering if this controller doesn't like the new speed magnet? Any thoughts or experience? I have also tried resetting the OBC which didn't help.
Jakenbake49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2020, 02:49 PM   #2
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2008 Club Car DS 48v with GE motor wont move after speed magnet installed

Push the cart, does alarm sound when coasting??
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=68248
klubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 03:07 PM   #3
Jakenbake49
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2008 Club Car DS 48v with GE motor wont move after speed magnet installed

it does not. Nor does it seem like there is any regen.
Old 04-23-2020, 03:41 PM   #4
Hkspwrsche
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakenbake49 View Post
it does not. Nor does it seem like there is any regen.
Can you install the old magnet and see if the sensor is still working?
Hkspwrsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 04:33 PM   #5
Jakenbake49
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Unfortunately like most who replace the old magnet, they needed to break it to come out. I have ordered a new non upgrade magnet and sensor which will be here monday but wanted to see if anyone could think of something else to check rather than probably break the upgraded magnet to get it out just to find out that wasnt the issue. I have removed the sensor to test to see if the cart acts any different but its does the same thing.
Old 04-23-2020, 04:46 PM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The speed sensor cannot prevent the cart from moving, just go into limp mode.

Have you verified the F1 and F2 spade connectors on the Controller are tight?

Was the pack disconnected during the entire install?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 04:55 PM   #7
Jakenbake49
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The connectors are tight. And... no I didn't not disconnect the packs. I just put the cart into tow mode. Never again will I touch the cart without taking 20 seconds and disconnecting.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:16 AM   #8
Jakenbake49
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Excited and embarrased to report that the cart is back up and running! Found a little blue wire in the controller area fending for itself in the open air! Put him back where he belonged and whadayaknow.... about to take it out for its first trip since the lift, wheels, and speed magnet were installed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200424_091841.jpg (259.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Jakenbake49; 04-24-2020 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: Add picture
Old 04-24-2020, 09:24 AM   #9
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Most of us have been there, glad you figured it out. Nice looking cart!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 10:09 AM   #10
Jakenbake49
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks JakeSnake! Its coming together nicely. I customized the dash to fit in a radio/dvd player with some speakers. had some plywood and an old wool blanket.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0303.JPG (94.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0306.JPG (104.0 KB, 0 views)

Tags
club car ds, problem, speed magnet
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car