lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2020, 08:46 PM   #1
JoshTeBrake
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car intermittently going, need a point in the right Direction

Hi there I am new to the fourm and have searched for a couple of days but cannot find the information i am after.

I purchased a second hand 05 Club Car of my local golf course. It is an AQ0547 so an DS electric IQ 48V

The problem i have with it intermittently will not go while using and then go.
When it faults you cannot hear the solenoid click in and out. Or sometimes you will hear it and it wont go. Give it 10 or so goes to move it and then it will move. This is starting to get a bit frustrating while using it, and happening more and more often.

What have I have checked

The batteries Measure 51.4V across them
The forward reverse switch works
The Diode between the to studs on the Solenoid is functioning correctly.
I have tried several tests on the Solenoid i have found online and all seem to be ok.

What doesn't test fine is the two smaller posts for the magnetic coil around the solenoid. Instead of having continuity between these i have slight continuity and a resistance of 183ohms

Would this mean its definitely a dodgy solenoid or can someone point in the right direction to test anything else?

Also in testing the MCOR i found a couple of issues which i do not think are related but causing the cart to go slower.
I have a MCOR1 on the cart.
Checking the 3 wires on the MCOR i have
Purple white wire 51.4V
White wire 4.65V
Yellow Wire 0.315V with pedal up and 4.63V when pressed
I removed this and tested off the cart and it has 1kohms then when rotated has 7kohms which seemed fine.
When on the Cart and the accelerator is depressed it would only read 1kohms to 3kohms. there is a slight bit of wear on the linkage so i packed it out temporally with a cable tie, now i have 4kohms and the cart goes so much faster and has alot more torque going up hills.
I am wondering if someone has put this back together incorrectly in the past but i cannot get it to read 7kohms when its back in the cart. Because i am getting 4.63V when the pedal is deppressed i do not need to worry about making the MCOR get 7kOhms when the accelerator is pressed?

Cheers for taking the time to read this

Josh
JoshTeBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2020, 11:11 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car intermittently going, need a point in the right Direction

This would be my best SWAG. You have a bad motor. Next time this happens push the cart a few feet to get the brushes seated on a different section of the armature. If it starts working your motor needs repair/replacing.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 11:19 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Hello Josh, welcome to BGW.

Just a thought. If you just bought this from a course selling a fleet of these, they may let you exchange it for another. If it is a motor problem as Walter suggests it may be, that's pretty tough right off the bat.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 05:10 AM   #4
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Could be the microswitch inside the mcor acting up...Remove the 2 pin connector from the mcor and jump it with a wire or paper clip...See if that helps...
movin-on is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car