lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2020, 01:02 PM   #1
broadcast9
Not Yet Wild

Default 1988-93 EZ-GO Marathon- won't start after rewiring

The cart stopped working altogether. After checking the connections, could get it to start again, but the accelerator switch would ark- likely around 2 or 3. Inspecting the cables, could tell some were burnt and failing. So I ordered 2 gauge cables to replace almost all of 6 gauge cables after reading on a forum about some people that did it. The previous owner had jacked it up and I assumed that the cables couldn't handle the addiitonal load. The only cables I didn't replace are those from the charger and from the key. The charger is working- and the batteries are fully charged. I also checked the wires from the key to the F-R switch.

Upon reconnecting everything, I cannot get it to start again. I checked all the connections, checked the wiring instructions in the parts manual and confirmed that the wiring matches. (The only difference is that the previous owner had the cable that goes from the 4th position on the accerator switch going to the 4th position on the motor instead of the resister assembly.

When i turn the key and hit the accelerator in F or R, nothing. The accelerator moves across the copper studs but nothing happens.

I haven't replaced the solenoid- but I ordered on with cables so I can replace it.

Thanks in advance for any direction you can give.
broadcast9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2020, 04:20 PM   #2
binder49
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1988-93 EZ-GO Marathon- won't start after rewiring

I'm guessing the wiper on the accelerator switch is likely fried. That could have been causing the arcing. The board and the wiper are still available. When I replaced it on a cart I had, I got new ones on ebay.
binder49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO