lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2020, 11:00 AM   #11
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Reduced Range on Batteries after One Year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhj83 View Post
Thanks for that chart. I guess that could somewhat explain what I'm experiencing. We've gone from it being over 80 (even close to 100) all summer and I've been out there playing 36 a lot of days so maybe that has reduced my lifespan. Things I didn't realize when I bought this golf cart just over a year ago.

Do lithiums have the same issues with temps and lifespan reduction in high temps?
I haven't had mine over winter yet...maybe some of the battery guru's can chime in on that. I do know that they are rated for 3500 recharge cycles, compared to the 450-500 of FLA batteries. They have a 5 year warranty, so that tells you something about their confidence in them. Performance alone is worth the extra cost. 95#'s compared to 450# weight. Recharges from almost dead in 4-5 hrs (compared to 10-12 hrs FLA) No mantainance is icing on the cake. I love mine.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2020, 12:26 PM   #12
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a 2015 rxv with 6 trojans and havent been too impressed since not long after i got them
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 01:04 PM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
From the Trojan co.

I think there may be a new version of this in the Trojan Battery User Guide but you get the idea.
@ kernal

The text and chart posted don't match.

The text says 100% @ 80°F and 50% @ 0°F, while the chart says 100% @ 80°F and about 60% @ 0°F.

Attached is a later chart that agrees with text.

-----------
@bhj83

At 45°F, your batteries only have about 80% of the capacity they have at 80°F, so range is reduced by 20% or more. Also their ability to produce amps is less since the chemistry isn't as active at cooler temperatures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Temperature vs storage capacity.jpg (52.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 02:53 PM   #14
bhj83
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
@ kernal

The text and chart posted don't match.

The text says 100% @ 80°F and 50% @ 0°F, while the chart says 100% @ 80°F and about 60% @ 0°F.

Attached is a later chart that agrees with text.

-----------
@bhj83

At 45°F, your batteries only have about 80% of the capacity they have at 80°F, so range is reduced by 20% or more. Also their ability to produce amps is less since the chemistry isn't as active at cooler temperatures.
Thank you. For the record, no one was on the front 9 that I could see after I finished 36 so I was able to play another 9 holes for a total of 45 holes and my cart made it but was VERY questionable when going up hills. But I did start noticing the slow down towards the end of my 2nd 18. Sounds like maybe to be expected given the conditions.
bhj83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 03:47 PM   #15
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

You may want to get a digital voltmeter for the dash. They are cheap...It will let you know where status of batteries are at any given time. Has saved me some walking more than once :)
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 07:50 PM   #16
bhj83
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
You may want to get a digital voltmeter for the dash. They are cheap...It will let you know where status of batteries are at any given time. Has saved me some walking more than once :)
I do have one...I was keeping an eye on it and it got pretty close to E.
bhj83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO