lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2021, 01:30 PM   #1
georgia088
Gone Wild

Default 72v Stealth nighthawk question

I am not sure where the correct place to put this thread....
A friend came across a stealth nighthawk 72v vehicle that doesn't run. He says the guy told him it ran before the batteries went out, but it has been sitting for over a year.... He thinks he can get it cheap, but he has no idea what all would have to be done to it to get it running.

Obviously a new set of batteries are needed. I am fairly familiar with alltrax controllers. If you assume the controller on this thing is shot as well. Would it be possible that an alltrax 72v controller would work on this thing?? I assume it will either have a series or sepex motor (I don't think it would be an ac motor) and the throttle type would be one of the ones found in golf carts (ITS, 0-5k, etc.....) What else would need to be "correct" in order for an alltrax controller to work?
Thanks!

Would it be possible to wire up two 36v golf cart chargers in series in order to charge 72v? I have a few of them laying around....
georgia088 is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2021, 05:19 PM   #2
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 72v Stealth nighthawk question

Does it have 12 volt batteries? I would assume that you could charge 3 at a time with the 36 volt charger to see if it runs, as a temporary fix. Or just charge each battery with an auto charger. Not a permanent fix for sure, but to check it out. Someone else with more knowledge would have to answer about training the chargers, not sure that would work.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 06:44 PM   #3
georgia088
Gone Wild

Bama.
It looks like you have a stealth by your profile. Do you like it? Can you find parts for it? What voltage is it?
Old 01-07-2021, 09:09 AM   #4
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Mine is 48 volt. I love it for hunting...but for regular riding around, I also have an older EZgo TXT. The Stealth is designed for the woods and isn't near as comfortable to drive. Most parts can be replaced with other cart components. Anything specific for Stealth, I go to Southern Stealth Parts in Bugalusa, LA. Allen or Shara have always been very knowledgable and helpful. Last time I tried their website, it wasn't working correctly, but yu can contact them email southernstealthparts@yahoo.com or phone (985) 241-5345. Also, a lot of owners on this forum. I usually post my questions on the "Lifted Carts" or " 4 x 4" threads.
Old 01-07-2021, 09:16 AM   #5
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

If your friend is looking for a cart for hunting, this would be a great option. I see comparable carts made by Huntve, Beast that are selling for 14 Grand. If he's looking for one to drive around neighborhood, I would look at other options. Stealth's ride & steering is stiff. It's lifted real high, which you want for hunting. The 72 volts is needed when you are looking to hunt all day but will be an over kill for just tooling around and very expensive to replace batteries every 4-5 years. IMHO
Old 01-07-2021, 11:15 AM   #6
georgia088
Gone Wild

Thanks.... He is looking for it to hunt with. However, I thought it may be a better ride than a golf cart. I thought maybe the stealth had good shocks that may make it ride good. I have a pds that is lifted and although I love the cart... I hate the way it rides. I rarely ride on the road. Most of my riding is on trails, and it will bounce you all over the place!
Old 01-07-2021, 01:56 PM   #7
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

He'll love it for the woods. Look into the Roypow Lithium for it. I think they just came out with a 72 volt.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO