lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2021, 04:32 PM   #1
hmholt
Not Yet Wild

Default Lithium Batteries

About to order a new EZGO 6 seater. I keep hearing the "jury is out" on the new lithium batteries. However, with the warranty, it seems like a no brainer. Any thoughts on them? Are they truly hassle free?
hmholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2021, 09:36 AM   #2
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Lithium Batteries

I don't know why local cart dealers are not more "up to speed" on Lithuim. I could not get any positive comments from any of my local guys. But after questioning them, I realized they just didn't know anything about them. I have had a Roypow for about 6 months now and love it! Wish I had done it sooner. Will be convertng my older TXT as soon as my Credit Card cools of from Holidays
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 10:28 AM   #3
sunnyman2025
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The dealers all sell Batteries. They are a high profit item and in some climates a set of batters last a little more than a year. So yes, they are not keen on Lithium batteries
sunnyman2025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 01:16 PM   #4
otowrxv2
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Upgraded to lithium batteries a year ago. 2014 RXV started out with 50 Ah they no longer sell 50 ah. Anyway in the last two months I have had 3 batteries go bad. They go to 0v and your electric brake locks up and you are stranded. If locked up you can jumper plug 3 into plug 3 but if one of your batteries is at ov it won't unlock the brake. You can either reconfigure the good batteries to bypass the bad one then the plug 1 to 3 will work. or remove the electric brake. I have spoken to Allied and they are working on the problem but don't have a fix yet. They will send you another battery but it's hit or miss right now if they will hold up. If you go ahead make sure you pack a tow rope, wrench that fits your battery terminals and a 10mm wrench for the electric brake
otowrxv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 01:49 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

This is my main concern with the "drop in" lithiums in an rxv, spoke to allied a long time ago about the issue.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 02:43 PM   #6
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmholt View Post
About to order a new EZGO 6 seater. I keep hearing the "jury is out" on the new lithium batteries. However, with the warranty, it seems like a no brainer. Any thoughts on them? Are they truly hassle free?
If your talking about a new cart with the EZGO factory samsung batteries I haven't heard of any problems or seen any complaints on this forum. The factory lithiums have been in the fleets (golf) for a couple of years at least, maybe as much as 4 years. They come in 3 sizes (capacities). Because of the expense many people opt for the smallest/cheapest. Just like flooded batteries, going with the minimal capacity usually doesn't work out well in the long run.
One member here (cartboy) has experience with them in the fleets in RXVs I believe. You could check his posts. He doesn't post here often but if I remember correctly, he reported a good experience with them last time he commented.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO