lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
Hat Trick
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Looking for info and suggestions on new purchase

I looked as best I could to be able to find these answers myself before posting this. I just recently joined a few days ago and appreciate the warm welcome. I know nothing about what I am about to undertake so I have a ton of questions that hopefully you fine folks can answer. I recently purchased a 2002 48V Electric Club Car for $950. I want to transfrom the cart into something like this...

http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/regiona...ES=66&state=KS Scroll down just a little.

I need the cart to be able to get me through two creeks, a lot of mud and many muddy water holes as well. I have a 360 acre farm and want a hunting buggy that I don't have to drop 12K on. I sure hope I bought the right cart!

So far the list of items I have is a set of new batteries, Lift kit (8in?), Light Kit, Windshield, Camo Seat Covers, Bow Carrier, Gun Rack, Wheels and Tires, Fender Flares, Camo Body Wrap, Front Basket, Brush Guard, battery guage and a rear folding seat.

The cart says IR on it. That stands for Ingersold Rand?

Do I need to upgrade the motor?

Can I spray the frame with a protective coating to prevent rust?

Anything you can think of to share I would appreciate it.

Serial # = AA0207-120559

Thank you!!!!!
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2010, 09:48 AM   #2
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Looking for info and suggestions on new purchase

Hat trick, yes the IR stands for ingersoll rand, you shouldn't need to paint the frame to prevent rusting the frame is aluminum, sounds like you are all set to build yourself a nice hunting buggy. If it was me I would upgrade the motor to a torque motor, based on your description of usage ie... streams and mud speed doesn't sound like a concern however the torque may be a little low in that stock motor. Check with the sponsors here they will be able to help you find a motor that will work for your application. Good luck and welcome to the madness.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:04 AM   #3
wilster734
IDK&YDE

Club Car

Welcome to the addiction!!!! You have a good start and probably the first upgrade i would do so you can use the cart in your situation right now would be batteries and new 4ga. or bigger cables,lift w/tire and wheel combo from the sponsors of course and then go with the controller motor combo. i used my stock 2001 at my farm and dearlease this way for the past 7 months and it has been ok. i am now moving to controller motor settup because it does need the extra umpph for the mudd and hills, but the stock unit has done ok like i said. yours probably is an IQ so your motor and controller may or may not do better than my series has done stock. idk but the sparkies are in my opinion great for hunting.Silence is golden when you are in the woods.goddluck with your build.
wilster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:12 AM   #4
Hat Trick
Getting Wild
Club Car

Are there any manuals that exist for tearing this thing down the right way? I read the stuff on manuals not being published for CC, but does such a thing even exist for this cart? I don't know where to even start by removing the batteries and just overall tearing it down. I could just start removing screws etc, but I want to do this all the right way, especially without getting hurt. I looked at the wiring diagrams, but it's not clear if they are really for my cart and what steps to take etc. Are there any essential items to have for this process?
Old 03-30-2010, 10:22 AM   #5
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thats a DS car and not an IQ.I would do the upgrades with the cables and lift and dont go over a 22inch tire with the stock motor.I have done a few of these carts with lifts and they seem to do fine with stock components.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:04 AM   #6
skm2006
Getting Wild

Club Car

Hat trick, welcome to the club. You will find this place to be a great resource where there are guys that know more about carts than you and I could ever imagine, and they are avail 24/7 for the most part.

I've literally been in the middle of a project and got stuck and come in the house, sat down on my PC and got help almost instantly.

I got into the cart game about a year ago and I bought a 2004 CC IQ, similar to yours. I had fun tricking it out with all the cool mods. I've now decided to make it into a hunting buggy with camo and the works, like you are doing. I will follow you thread, Make sure you update us with pictures. Thats what we all like!

Good luck.
skm2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:12 AM   #7
wilster734
IDK&YDE

Club Car

yes your cart seems to be a ds with a series motor like mine, i missed that f/r handle in the pic, and if you want to know about what you've got yourself into buy the manuals for it and you will be one step ahead of anyone else knowing your cart. like anything else they do cost $ but all in all a good purchase if you want to know your way around your cart.
wilster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:13 AM   #8
Hat Trick
Getting Wild
Club Car

I'm getting ready to start tearing this thing down. Is there anything, I mean ANYTHING I need to be aware of before I turn this into a pile of parts? I have no clue what I am about to get myself into.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:48 PM   #9
A.D.
Gone Wild

One: the key thing is to disconnect your batteries before you start ANY work. Second: and it is just my opinion, but i have a windshield on my cart and it is very noisy on bumpy roads. As a farm cart that would be good but for sneaking in and out of the woods it does not work very well Third: Try and put all the nuts and bolt back on the parts when they are removed so you don't have a pile of nuts and bolt and no idea of were they came from. Fourth: Good luck!! i have torn my cart down to the frame, but doing the work yourself give you the ability to fix anything that goes wrong with it in the future
A.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #10
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Take a bunch of pictures of whatever it is that you are tearing into beforehand, and go spend the money on the shop manual!
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car