lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
havnfun
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Opinion on Tires

Recently purchased a Carryall 2 electric with well worn mismatched tires. Plan on purchasing 6 ply stock sized tires. Have heard or read bad things about most tire brands. Please, your opinions.
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #2
buscopat
Gone Crazy

Club Car

Default Re: Opinion on Tires

Depends how you are going to use your Carryall.
If there is any mud or snow, get something with a little tread, maybe an all-season type design so it isn't too rough on pavement.
If pavement and grass are all you will be seeing, I would stick with a regular golfcart (turf saver) tire.
buscopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:00 AM   #3
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

You dont need 6 ply either
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Most GC tires are 2 or 4 ply.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:16 AM   #5
havnfun
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the responses. I was leaning toward 6 ply because that is what the carryall 2 came equipped with. Right now it has 2, 4 and 6 ply tires on it. I assume that it came with six ply because of its load carrying capacity of 1200 lb. Carryall will be used mostly on grass, some asphalt. Let me rephase my question to the group. What tire manufacturers do you recommend. I have read bad things about Duro( mostly trailer tires that have cracking sidewalls) and Carlisle(quality isn't what it was 4-5 years ago). I am leaning toward Kenda simply because I could not find any reviews on them.
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:59 AM   #6
MotoATVManiac
Not Yet Wild

There is a nice selection of Kendas here, if you are still looking: http://www.smalltires.com/store.cfm?...st&brand=KENDA
MotoATVManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:06 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The Kenda Xtra Trac tires that comes on the back of these cars are excellent tires. The dealer should have them.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:12 PM   #8
dplin2001
Not Yet Wild

I don't mean to hijack the thread, I hope my question is OK. Does any know the biggest size tire you can put on a standard CC without a lift kit? I have the standard 8" or 8.5" and was wondering if I could put a 10" on?

TIA
dplin2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:43 AM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dplin2001 View Post
I don't mean to hijack the thread, I hope my question is OK. Does any know the biggest size tire you can put on a standard CC without a lift kit? I have the standard 8" or 8.5" and was wondering if I could put a 10" on?

TIA
This is probably the most common question I hear about tires.. People want to know what size will fit. The sizes you quoted are not tire sizes. They are rim sizes that are completely irrelevant to the size of the tire that they are mounted to. Are you interested in running a taller tire? or simply a larger rim? You can keep the same tire height, but still increase the rim size by running a low profile tire (less rubber, more rim) But to answer your question about tire height... You can run up to a 20" tall tire, regardless of rim size on the front and the back. The front may have minimal rubbing if you don't modify the front height. Club Car achieves the extra height on these vehicles by stacking 4 of the plates above the front leaf spring instead of just one.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:10 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
This is probably the most common question I hear about tires.. People want to know what size will fit. The sizes you quoted are not tire sizes. They are rim sizes that are completely irrelevant to the size of the tire that they are mounted to. Are you interested in running a taller tire? or simply a larger rim? You can keep the same tire height, but still increase the rim size by running a low profile tire (less rubber, more rim) But to answer your question about tire height... You can run up to a 20" tall tire, regardless of rim size on the front and the back. The front may have minimal rubbing if you don't modify the front height. Club Car achieves the extra height on these vehicles by stacking 4 of the plates above the front leaf spring instead of just one.
This is an excellent answer to a common misunderstanding about tire size
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car