lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2010, 06:29 AM   #1
cdb770
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Greatest weekend!

Well, I had the greatest thing happen to me over the weekend! While the family was up north on our property, the kids went on a little golf cart ride on the Club Car and got stuck out in the middle of the property, on the two track trail. But you say to yourself how can that be a good thing? Well after going and getting them out of the rut and going again, this gave me the excuse and reasoning to justify the 6 inch lift and bigger tires on the CC! The wife has given me the blessing to go ahead and get it done!!
cdb770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2010, 06:35 AM   #2
wilster734
IDK&YDE

Club Car

Default Re: Greatest weekend!

You are learning how to get things done to your toy.Keep it up and the new custom paint will get done soon too
wilster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:27 AM   #3
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb770 View Post
Well, I had the greatest thing happen to me over the weekend! While the family was up north on our property, the kids went on a little golf cart ride on the Club Car and got stuck out in the middle of the property, on the two track trail. But you say to yourself how can that be a good thing? Well after going and getting them out of the rut and going again, this gave me the excuse and reasoning to justify the 6 inch lift and bigger tires on the CC! The wife has given me the blessing to go ahead and get it done!!
WAIT!!! You forgot to tell her you'll need that upgraded motor/controller to push those new tires and lift in the woods!!!!!
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:24 AM   #4
cdb770
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
WAIT!!! You forgot to tell her you'll need that upgraded motor/controller to push those new tires and lift in the woods!!!!!
One thing at a time! After I get the lift and tires done and it wants to creep up the hills, then I can hit that one up!!

Seriously will the lift make it that much harder to move? How much speed will be lost to an increase in tire size?
Old 04-19-2010, 10:07 AM   #5
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb770 View Post
One thing at a time! After I get the lift and tires done and it wants to creep up the hills, then I can hit that one up!!

Seriously will the lift make it that much harder to move? How much speed will be lost to an increase in tire size?
Lift isn't going to slow you down... and the tires on dry pavement should give you an increase in speed... but will slow down your takeoff and reduce your bottom end torque, like starting off in second gear instead of first gear for a bit of a weak analogy. No problem though when taking the wife out in the cart and saying; "Man... I wish those guys at BGW would have told me about upgrading the motor before I started this project!"
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:00 AM   #6
cdb770
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
Lift isn't going to slow you down... and the tires on dry pavement should give you an increase in speed... but will slow down your takeoff and reduce your bottom end torque, like starting off in second gear instead of first gear for a bit of a weak analogy. No problem though when taking the wife out in the cart and saying; "Man... I wish those guys at BGW would have told me about upgrading the motor before I started this project!"
Sounds like a great plan to me, thanks for the idea!
Old 04-19-2010, 11:08 AM   #7
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Big question did you find any shrooms?
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:34 PM   #8
cdb770
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishing Dude View Post
No, I spent the whole last day walking the property (20 acres) and didn't find any yet. This is my first year looking, so not sure if I was looking in the right spots, but none so far!
Old 04-19-2010, 02:33 PM   #9
cdb770
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishing Dude View Post
Not sure if you know of this site, but here is a link for the tasty little buggers!!

http://www.northerncountrymorels.com...forum.php?f=60
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car