lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #1
cbpeps
Not Yet Wild

Default curtis ac controller, trojan 105 mileage master

Club Car I have an ac powered golf cart with a curtis 1236 ac controller 350 amp, and 8 = 6 volt Trojan 105 Mileage Master batteries. Have never gotten the distance of a 48 volt dc powered cart. The manufacturer believes it is the batteries. I can't find any reference or specs for 105 mileage masters, are they the same as T 105's. A test run of 19 minutes on a fairly flat road used 16 amp hours and the guage read 74%. The same drive in a dc cart with 8 T 05's used 18 amp hours. The big difference being my guage was reading 74 %, the dc cart's guage hadn't moved.
cbpeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2010, 05:28 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: curtis ac controller, trojan 105 mileage master

I think a T105 is a T105 ... Have seen older batts say mileage maker? How old are your batts?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:53 PM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

You really shouldn't run the pack down below 80% of charge to avoid damage to the batteries IMO. If they go down that quick they are likely toast. What model cart is this exactly?
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:56 PM   #4
cbpeps
Not Yet Wild

The batteries are 1 year old. I thought I was buying T-105's but didn't pay much attention to the label when I bought them. I'm getting suspicious of them though since I can't get any distance out of the cart before it drops into "limp home" mode. Also I can't find any info on the mileage master, so I don't know what I have.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:04 PM   #5
cbpeps
Not Yet Wild

I have been suspecting a wrong parameter programmed into the controller, but no way to read what is in there. I have run the cart to where the guage reads 25% and it drops into "limp home" mode, which allows you to drive home at 15mph. When I got home I did a load test on each battery and each battery read good on the load test, also checked each cell. Could be the controller, could be the batteries!!! I would like to know about the 105 Mileage Master though, these batteries are a year old
Old 05-16-2010, 06:13 PM   #6
roady89
nimda
Club Car

They are trojans but it is my understanding the mileage masters are not made for carts, they are used for commercial use. Either way, there is a difference somewhere.

Heres the T105 specs. http://www.trojanbattery.com/Products/T-1056V.aspx

Heres the mileage master on Trojans site. It says its a hybrid battery for commercial truck use. http://www.trojanbattery.com/Products/commercial.aspx Cant find any pecs but if you search for mileage master that page is where your lead to.

Quote:
Long-distance truck drivers put lots of miles on their batteries, both for starting and deep cycle purposes. Durable, reliable Trojan Mileage Master™ Commercial batteries provide the ideal hybrid product for more hours of power on and off the road.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:08 PM   #7
cbpeps
Not Yet Wild

I am inclined to agree with you. The T-105 being a deep cycle and the 105 (no T) Mileage Master being a hybrid with no capacity data available. I know they claim to be the same, but I'm thinking the mileage master is not the best for golf carts. Does anyone have any further input on this
Old 05-17-2010, 05:21 PM   #8
roady89
nimda
Club Car

I sent an email to Trojan this morning asking them to explain the difference. Haven't heard back yet.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:02 PM   #9
cbpeps
Not Yet Wild

Thanks
I'll be interested in what you find out. If it's not the batteries then we are looking at the controller. If there is a bad parameter programmed in there it could be why I don't get much distance before dropping into "limp home" mode. As I had posted I did a test against a 48v dc cart with t105's. Driving 19 minutes, I used 16 amp hours, and my guage read 74%. The dc cart used 18 amp hours and guage hadn't moved.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:01 PM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

It's the exact same battery. Like Roady said... the mileage master is marketed towards commercial vehicles instead of golf carts... Only because nobody wants a truck with a "golf car" battery in it. The guts are 100% identical, or so I've been told by Club Car tech reps in the past. It's the same concept as when Club Car built new cars on the line, the 8 volt batteries all said "powerdrive" on them, but when you went to buy new ones.. they said T-875 Mileage Master. Same thing. Same battery.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car