lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2010, 07:05 PM   #11
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Re: Charger, OBC, Where Do I Start?

I believe that Scotty has mentioned before that he never had the buzzer sound when doing a reset. I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm mistaken. But the CC manual for resetting the OBC for my Precedent is as follows and makes no mention of a buzzer sounding. I've only seen it show a buzzer sounding on the Alltrax OBC reset sheet. I'll post the CC procedure here as well just in case:

This is the Procedure from my 2006/2007 Precedent Manual:

TEST PROCEDURE 17 –

REBOOTING THE CLUB CAR ONBOARD COMPUTER

See General Warnings, Section 1, Page 1-1.
It is possible the onboard computer (OBC) can become “locked up”, causing the OBC solenoid lockout circuit
to malfunction. If this condition is suspected, restart the computer as follows:
1. Disconnect the battery cables as instructed. (I remove the Neg first, then the Pos.) See WARNING “To avoid unintentionally starting...” in General Warnings, Section 1, Page 1-1. See following NOTE.
NOTE: Wait at least 90 seconds for the capacitors in the speed controller to discharge. The capacitors in the speed controller must be fully discharged in order to reboot the OBC.
2. Place the Tow/Run switch in the TOW position and connect the battery cables, positive (+) cable first.
Tighten battery terminals to 110 in-lb (12.4 N•m) and coat terminals with Battery Terminal Protector Spray (CCI P/N 1014305) to minimize corrosion.
3. Place Tow/Run switch in the RUN position.
4. Test drive the vehicle. If the vehicle functions normally the problem is corrected. If the problem still exists, refer to Wiring Diagrams on page 11-2.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2010, 07:14 PM   #12
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiefolkie View Post
A bad relay sounds a lot better than a bad OBC. Where can I get one?
You need to try testing it first before throwing money at it. Its simple to do.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:16 PM   #13
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Not saying you are wrong scuba but mine sounded. It could be different for diff years etc. I think mine is a 95...not sure.

EDIT* Thats a different procedure than I did. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tting-obc.html He has a DS.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:30 PM   #14
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
Not saying you are wrong scuba but mine sounded. It could be different for diff years etc. I think mine is a 95...not sure.

EDIT* Thats a different procedure than I did. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tting-obc.html He has a DS.
I agree Roady... The one you show is from Alltrax and states that the Buzzer will sound. The one I showed is from my 2006/2007 Precedent CC manual and didn't mention it. I only posted that since I believe I've heard others have done a reset on newer DS's and never heard the buzzer. I have only done one on mine and didn't hear it as well. Just throwing it out there... just in case...
Old 05-16-2010, 07:36 PM   #15
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Good point. Let me check the DS manual and see if it says anything.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:37 PM   #16
okiefolkie
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
You need to try testing it first before throwing money at it. Its simple to do.
How do I test it?
okiefolkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #17
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiefolkie View Post
How do I test it?

I posted it here....http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post406362
Old 05-16-2010, 07:47 PM   #18
scubabud

Club Car

Going to post a picture of the Charge receptacle for more detail on Roady's suggestion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Charge Receptacle.jpg (180.0 KB, 24 views)
Old 05-16-2010, 07:50 PM   #19
roady89
nimda
Club Car

That little wire thats going back into the receptacle, that is the one you want to connect the ground from the last negative in the pack to. Just disconnect it at the fuse holder. Keep in mind, your charger will not shut off if you leave it this way.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:19 AM   #20
scubabud

Club Car

Just in case anyone searches or would use the later IQ Precedent OBC reset...

The 2006/2007 Manual for the Precedent already assumed that you would know to ALWAYS place your Tow/Run Switch in the Tow position before removing any cables. Just noticed that what I pulled from the manual says to Note Warnings on Page 1-1 instead of mentioning to do this directly. Here is part of that warning that should be a part of what was posted above:

Prior to leaving the vehicle unattended or servicing the vehicle, turn the key switch OFF, remove the key, and place the Forward/Reverse switch in the NEUTRAL position. Chock the wheels when servicing the vehicle.
Place Tow/Run switch in the TOW position before disconnecting or connecting the batteries. Failure to heed this warning could result in a battery explosion or severe personal injury.
• To avoid unintentionally starting the vehicle, disconnect the batteries as shown (Figure 1-1).
After disconnecting the batteries, wait 90 seconds for the controller capacitors to discharge.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car