lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #11
fastride
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: axle turns 1/4 turn then quits

I will go and try it now. One more question, My key switch was bad and i have another one on the way. My question is can i use a regular toggle switch until mine gets here? Also, i do not have the reverse buzzer hooked up because it is broke, that will not cause any of this by not completing any circuits, will it?
fastride is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2010, 04:20 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastride View Post
I will go and try it now. One more question, My key switch was bad and i have another one on the way. My question is can i use a regular toggle switch until mine gets here? Also, i do not have the reverse buzzer hooked up because it is broke, that will not cause any of this by not completing any circuits, will it?
Sure a toggle will work. Don't worry about not having the buzzer hooked up. I'm just using it as a diagnostic tool. It'll run fine without it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:41 PM   #13
fastride
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok, i jumped a cable from one of the post on the motor to another post on the motor( i have them marked down in the shop and can't rember which one) and then hooked up the other two post with a set of jumper cables and the motor turns fine. The axle is still just turning a little bit each way. I completelytook the forward/reverse lever switch apart and cleaned all of the brass connections and every thing looks good. The potentiometer doesnt look the best in the world. It stills turns but does have some crud build up on it. Can this be one of my problems?
Old 06-06-2010, 10:14 PM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

You're confusing me now. Do the hubs spin freely by hand? If not, you've got two problems. A differential problem and a solenoid control circuit problem.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:38 AM   #15
fastride
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Sorry again for the bad information. Yes, the axles turn freely by hand. And when i used the jumper cables to jump the motor, the axles turned fine.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:35 PM   #16
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

check battery voltage and load test each battery...........also go over all the cables pull tug twist and clean..........................but load test those batts if you havn,t.....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car