lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2010, 09:12 AM   #11
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Electric problem ?

RABBITREBORN- thanks for info on Interstate batterys tags what I see down here all have just stamp on posts but maybe dealer is taking tag off? Major dealer near here does some really weird things ( looks like he files off stamped numbers on posts and writing with yellow marker on top of case instead ) I really dont trust them at all?
PAT FOWLER-- I am not that familiar with American Batterys, but what few I have seen are auto type batterys? They like many companies expand into different marketing area's over time so its very possible.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2010, 10:51 AM   #12
pat fowler
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Old Mec, these batteries are made by Crown and were made in Nov. of '09 so they are less than one year old. They charge well and seem to hold power well but continue to seep. I have used a baking soda mix and cleaned all the post and cable ends well and cleaned the battery cases. After rinsing well and letting dry there will be new seepage after some use. I am going to get a battery fill bottle so I can make sure I am not overfilling. Thanks again.
pat fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:54 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Just cover the plates ~ no more is necessary. .... IS your charger overcharging?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg battery2.jpg (18.3 KB, 6 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:24 AM   #14
pat fowler
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Scottyb, I don't know if my charger may be over charging, how can I check? I don't think that is the problem as after I first got the cart I cleaned the batteries and cable ends with a mix of water and baking soda and then used the cart for a couple of days without recharging and still had the same seepage. At the same time I also filled any low cells with distilled water and not all were low but now it seems that all the cell caps have seepage around them. I did not fill them all and none were filled more than maybe a half inch below the bottom of the filler hole. Thanks for everyone input, I feel I will get to the bottom of this problem with all the info from you guys.
pat fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:22 AM   #15
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

You really need to do a hydrometer test yet on all batterys cells as it sounds like some may have a problem? Either they are being OVER charged ( light duty "CLUB CAR charges at high rate" or OBC-charger problem ) or that SOME of the batterys are not accepting a charge ( weak cells ) which causes the rest of cells to get too hot and boil over each time charger is applied?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car