lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2010, 09:57 AM   #11
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: pb6 into 2001 regen

Morning Mec,that makes 2 of us that thought about it last night,I have checked the pb6 and it is 0-5k.Like I told Rabbit the cart is actually a late 2000,DCS,48v,Powerdrive Plus,regen.I have all the manuals for this cart and it was a multi-step pot ,0-5k from the factory.When I rebuilt the cart after it's saltwater swim all components were ordered from a CC dealer by vin###.If I had to do all over I would have converted it to a simple series system but I was learning.The cart has been in use since winter and it's fast and reliable.The only issue is the choppy throttle at low speeds which felt to me like the space between the lugs in the multi-step.Finding the right spot in the throttle the cart is smooth as can be,so anyhow this is why the pb6,may have pissed away $140 but it won't be a first or a last.Dave
davet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2010, 10:49 AM   #12
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

What you are doing is common with choppy acting multi step pot performance ( the factory used existing supplys of V glides and added the resistors to cut new cart manufacturing costs I'm sure ), and YES you are right in doing conversion to PB-6.
YES it would have been best to go series when rebuilding an "IKE" cart, but like you say we all learn from our mistakes.
Sent PM.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:40 AM   #13
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hey Mec,have a a guess at how this should work,sent pm,let me know what you think? thanx Dave
Old 07-13-2010, 01:47 PM   #14
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Made the test harness,power moves across the micro-sw,2 wires pluged into the controller harness,contactor will not close.go back to 3 wire pot box,contactor closes,cart runs!!!!I'm lost .Dave
Old 07-13-2010, 02:02 PM   #15
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Dave PM should help?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car