lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
jo4datigers
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default What controller should I buy

Had lots of trouble getting back running, but replace all batteries in CC 48v system. Still wouldn't run, check everything, charged.....it's been bout 2 months now. Last thing I changed was the reverse speed sollonoid on the f/r lever. still had lots of trouble, checked the MCOR thought it was okay. put wires back, this cart shot the gap like a branded mule. Needless to say I think my controller was bad all along and gave me a last "hoora" cause when I finally got her under control, I smelled a burning somthing. looked in the compartment and the controller was shooting melted plastic out of the side of the silver box and it wouldn't move. So since my MCOR and controller are the last of the things i haven't replaced (except motor) which one should I buy and from where? Started looking at them and I don't know if you have to change motor to go up on amp of the controller or what. Here's what I have MCOR CC OEM 102101101, and controller is 101840201 48v225a series. cart was a little slow before, and since I am changing this would be nice to get it to go a little faster. Any suggestions, recommendations? thanks to all
jo4datigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2010, 09:44 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What controller should I buy

Can you post the cart serial #?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:52 PM   #3
jo4datigers
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Serial Number for the cart: AA0435-425567
Old 10-11-2010, 10:06 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You have an 2004 cart .... beyond that I am confused
AA is a series cart but i thought everything 48v was IQ at that point ..... maybe you know what you got? Maybe the CC guys will come by & help id your cart and which controller you need.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #5
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

The serial number you gave shows in CC as a ( DS model electric with electronic controller ). According to controller part number its a series unit stock type controller. To change controllers you need a higher amp rated unit ( example only Alltrax Stock replacements only NPX 4834-300 amps, or NPX4844-400 amps, Alltrax Performance replacements AXE 4834-300 amp, or AXE 4844-400 amps ) Note along with any of these controllers you should up grade all 6 gauge wiring to 4 gauge high count welding multi strand cable, and if you havent replaced solenoid already go to a HD unit ( example 200-400 amp rather than stock 70-100 amp unit )? "WHERE TO GET CONTROLLER" go to one of our forum sponsors and be sure to have ready serial number, any changes to cart like lift, larger tires etc so correct controller can be picked.
I must ask about #1- "last thing I changed was reverse speed solenoid on F&R lever" do you mean a micro switch as there is NO solenoid on back of F&R control ( there should be 3 micros? ) #2-"checked MCOR thought it ok, put wires back, this cart shot the gap like a branded mule" Do you mean it ( A ) took off and ran wide open or ( B ) just picked up speed right away and ran like it should?
By controller burning up ( are you sure there isnt other problems ) that should be taken care of before buying new controller etc?? I would hate to ruin a new controller?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:26 PM   #6
jo4datigers
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I did mean the micro switch. changed all three while i was at it. When I say shot the gap, I mean took off and ran wide open with no throttle control with the pedel. Once it "Clicked" on it ran faster than ever before. What other problems should I consider with controller burning up. I would like to replace the MCOR...just because I've replaced everything else and just to be sure, and I will do the solenoid too. Will also upgrade cables. Any other suggestions? I will be sure to check out sponsors of forum and give them the business as this has been an awesome help.
jody
Old 10-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #7
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

On MCOR check with SCOTTYB he had near new one for good price. My conserns are that the MCOR OR wiring or possibly just controller itself as something some where is incorrect causing the one speed only "FAST"
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car