lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2009, 10:05 PM   #21
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: EZGO 2003 PDS SPeed CHip Placement

Quote:
Originally Posted by captkirknc View Post
Best I can tell, the chip has to stay in. Toggling the F/R switch to Reverse 5 times puts the controller in diagnostic mode and the first beeps tell you what chip is in the speed control slot, according to the service manual. Have never heard the chip doesns't have to stay in, as all but the "all terrain" chip have wires. However, the all terrain is just an open plug, so it might be that the controller is programable, but it is an E-Z-GO secret, as it is not addressed in the Service Manual.

I would like to confirm this, as well. Not disputing it is programmable, but just never heard that. Always see the chip in the slot. You can take an all terrain chip and make your on using 16 AWG wire using the manul on this site's home page.
The $2 plastic plug you guys are calling a chip HAS TO STAY IN to keep its setting. Sure, it will work without the plug but if you ever reset the controller you loose your setting and it reverts back to default. That being said, what is considered resetting the controller I am not sure. I believe thats as simple as switching the run/tow switch to tow mode.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2009, 09:43 AM   #22
gonfast38
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Roady is right. The settings will stay in UNTIL you switch it to TOW. Once you switch it to Run again, it will change the settings to correspond to whatever chip is plugged in at that time. If nothing or a chip with no wires is plugged in, it will reset to the factory all terrain setting... But if you NEVER switch it to tow, you can remove the chip and keep the settings. But to be safe, buy the flippin' chip for $5 or so and leave it in. Nuff Sed!

gonfast38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:14 PM   #23
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

We understand your procedure and it will stay in the mode selected until you turn the switch to TOE. Once you do that or disconnect the batteries it will go back to whatever the setting is once it powers up which would be a no chip installed code which is All Terrain.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:37 AM   #24
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Good info. I can't wait til my "chip" comes in. I just ordered one for 3.50 + 1.50 s/h from ebay. Not a bad price for the extra performance. I probably couldn't have made one that cheap, considering time and fuel going to the store to find the parts. I would not have paid the 30.00 + that some of the guys are trying to sell them for. What a rip.

BTW, I'm lovin this site. Just got my first cart this past weekend on 08-22-09
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:17 PM   #25
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Mine came in the mail today. It's will be installed shortly after getting home. I can't wait to see how it does.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:39 PM   #26
TDOG
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledRotten View Post
Mine came in the mail today. It's will be installed shortly after getting home. I can't wait to see how it does.
ZOOM,ZOOM,ZOOM!
TDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:49 PM   #27
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledRotten View Post
Good info. I can't wait til my "chip" comes in. I just ordered one for 3.50 + 1.50 s/h from ebay. Not a bad price for the extra performance. I probably couldn't have made one that cheap, considering time and fuel going to the store to find the parts. I would not have paid the 30.00 + that some of the guys are trying to sell them for. What a rip.

BTW, I'm lovin this site. Just got my first cart this past weekend on 08-22-09
You are about to experience the best $5 upgrade in motoring of ANY kind.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:47 PM   #28
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

So if you have a fleet of PDS carts on your course that need a little more climbing power or speed, all you have to do is buy 1 of the chips to "program" them all with instead of buying 50 or 60 chips ?
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:31 PM   #29
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

No, each cart needs it's own "chip".
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:29 PM   #30
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanharleyk View Post
So if you have a fleet of PDS carts on your course that need a little more climbing power or speed, all you have to do is buy 1 of the chips to "program" them all with instead of buying 50 or 60 chips ?
I would remove the existing chips from the carts and alter them all to what I wanted. They are just jumper wires.
Use caution if you are changing chips on a fleet of carts. Too much speed or not enough braking could result in a liability lawsuit. Don't trust the golfers to use common sense. Keep them below 14 mph. I have a golf course....
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO