lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2011, 11:44 PM   #1
notacluebob
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs down More torque ezgo electric fleet rxv

Hi, I have modified a eletric ezgo fleet rxv for hunting. By adding 6" lift kit and 22" off road tires, I have lost torque. I am disabled, and can do very little walking. I need to get to the hunt sight and use cart as a blind. On steep hills and two large men the cart stalls. With the large tires, I have more speed than I need. I can get a controler softwar upgrade and get more speed and torque. I am trying to up the torque of the AC motor. Does anyone know how I can purchase an AC motor with more torque? Does anyone know if I can have the AC motor rewound for more torque? Any sugestions or information would be Great. I don't want to start over with a DC motor cart, which would be a lot easyier upgrade to what I need, with all the OEM motors and controlers out there. Thank.
notacluebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2011, 07:50 AM   #2
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: More torque ezgo electric fleet rxv

Who installed the lift kit and tires? The factory techs have the handheld programmers to modify the settings for those carts so you may have to take it to a factory authorized dealer to get it reset for the larger tires...

That's kinda weird though, I never heard of that problem before on the RXV's. I would not have thought the AC motor would respond in that manner to those upgrades. Thanks for the heads up.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:27 AM   #3
notacluebob
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. A buddy and I installed the lift kit, and tires. I also installed a rear flip seat. I can easily carry 4 adults on moderate terrian. The cart works great. Only when I try to pull a short steep hill, that I have problems. Ideally the cart would break traction rather than stall. I am going to schedule a tech. today and see if that will help. If it works. I will be a happy hunter.
Thanks again.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:54 PM   #4
notacluebob
Not Yet Wild

Well I had MY 2008 ezgo rxv reprogramed for $100. My cart with stock 4.4hp ac motor would do 17 mph, with the installation of 22" tires. Only, it would stall with a two person load. With new programming in now does a scary 27mph. But it goes up steep short offroad hills with no problem. I weigh 300 pound and my passanger weighes about 170. On a long medium uphill grade it held 22mph. I now have a killer 2008 two wheel drive hunting machine for about $4000. I have tricked this little gem with 48 to 12v voltaqge reducer. A 12 volt power outlet for my gps, headlights, brush guard, fender flars, and camoclad camo utv kit.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:25 PM   #5
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Glad to have my faith in the AC setup restored for a mere $100.......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #6
jimjeffords
Not Yet Wild

Any follow up to this post?
jimjeffords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #7
jimjeffords
Not Yet Wild

Just to add to this post.. There is also a setting on the programmers where you dont have to change the top end speed to get more torque. Yesterday I was with the dealer and watched the program mine. There is a setting for acceleration type, something like Mild, Moderate and High.. Mine was set to Mild factory, We changed that to High and it takes off like a rocket now !
jimjeffords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 07:46 PM   #8
Jmac30
Not Yet Wild

Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I am having the same issue. '08 rxv freedom I added 6" lift and 23" tires to and it won't climb hills anymore. Went by my dealer today and he turned the acceleration up which help very little. How do I get more torque besides a new controller? Did my dealer know what he was doing?
Jmac30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:44 AM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

He did... Number one, are your batteries in top shape? The stock controller is pretty low amps (like 235). That doesnt allow much help with tuning alone... A stock rxv with large tires will always like a slight "run" at a good hill (starting at the bottom of the hill is fine, but starting from a stop mid-way up a hill will be tough). The stock small controller, and the nature of a AC motor will not give the snappy "zero speed" torque of a DC series motor. The upgraded controller will transform the cart tho, i say this from experience.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:43 AM   #10
Jmac30
Not Yet Wild

Would you recommend the madjax OTF programmable controller or is there a cheaper acceptable route? I am looking for torque mainly!
Jmac30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO