lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2011, 09:35 AM   #1
aauman
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default 05 precedent, whats it worth?

I have a 05 precedent that I bought 6 months ago. Cart was completly stock when I got it. I added 2ga cable set, folding windshield, flip rear seat, digital battery meter, light kit with LED taillights, 12" Tempest wheels and tires and an overhead stereo console with pioneer cd player and pioneer marine 6.5" speakers. I added an Optima marine battery in dash to power stereo and lights. There is a battery maintainer/charger hooked to it with pigtail for ease of charging. Carts is strong and lasts a long time. My wife and kids go all over creation with it and it has yet to strand them. After threads like Terry's and Cart Envy's i really want to do a total rebuild over the winter so I would like to get rid of this one to help patially fund new one. I have no iidea what its worth. Any opinions and suggestions are appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20110608-00266w.jpg (641.0 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20110608-00277.jpg (221.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20110501-00194.jpg (172.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20110608-00278.jpg (162.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20110608-00266.jpg (221.8 KB, 27 views)
aauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Default Re: 05 precedent, whats it worth?

A-man, Pricing a cart is difficult, at best. You need to know the demographics in your region. Look at the prices of similar carts in your area and make a determination. Here you could buy a basic precedent (05-07) in excellent shape for around $1800-$2200. By the time you add lift, wheels, tires, motor, rear seat, you are at $3800-$4200.

+ Your cart has nice 12" wheels/tires, stereo, lights and a rear seat.

- Your cart has rust in the battery compartment, original motor, no lift kit and the top does not match the body. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

In my region, your cart would sell for about $3000 +/- a few hundred. I'm sure many will say that amount is too high, but where I live people don't work on their own carts. They would rather spend more to own one with all the extras that works.

I hope this helped and Good luck,
Steve
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
aauman
Getting Wild

Club Car

I appreciate your reply. I have never seen any rust anywhere on this cart. If your talking about at the top of picture that is just where the seat sits on the body and it was just dirty. The top is the correct match for the cart but the seat color on the rear seat is off a couple of shades. I am going to get custom seat cover for both seats if I dont get rid of it. I didnt know how much you lose on a golf cart so thats why i was asking. I know what i have in it just didnt know what was too much or too low. Typical 03-07 carts similar sell for 3800-4200 but they have lift kits and no stereo or aux. battery. Had a guy offer me 3500 for it, but told him I would have to think about it. Thanks again
Old 08-14-2011, 12:07 PM   #4
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

My bad on the rust , as it's all plastic there anyway. I meant the color of the top doesn't match the color of the body, that's all. If you don't get what it's worth to you, just keep it. Install a plum quick motor, lift kit and like you said new seat covers. It would be a whole new cart The people on this site are great and would offer any help you may need. The sponsors will be more than happy to get you what you need, and they are here practically 7 days/week to answer questions

Did you run 2 gage wires everwhere, or just on the batts?
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:22 PM   #5
aauman
Getting Wild

Club Car

No problem on the rust. The top and body color I actually prefer, something about black with white and chrome has always attracted me! If I decide to keep it I am going to paint top black but keep underneathh white. We live in town so we keep carts on the ground around here. Will actually probably lower next cart and if it goes any fater than this one I will have to put disc brakes on it
Old 08-15-2011, 08:47 AM   #6
NASTYNOTCHBACK1
Getting Wild
Club Car

I am about 3.5 hrs from you so the prices should be close.I would have jerked his arm off getting that 3500.00 from him.I sell carts like yours with no lift for around 2800-3000With a lift i get 3500-3800.The batt are a big part off it.If they are old or not up to snuff a customer will walk away in a min.
NASTYNOTCHBACK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:51 AM   #7
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

$3500 isn't bad, especially for a quick and easy sale. How old are your batteries? If they are fairly new, then maybe try and get a few more bucks for it using that fact as leverage. If they are, say, 08 batteries, take the money and run. If you want to be patient, you could probably hold out for a couple hundred more dollars if the right buyer finds it. I'm in NC and have seen 07 or 08 precedents, decked out (including lift kit) with asking price $4200. But yours is an 05 with no lift, so probably wouldn't command quite as much. Although, again, if the right buyer finds it, someone who prefers no lift and appreciates all of your mods, you could possibly get a little more. The question is, is it worth it to wait?

Heck, Craigslist is free, throw it up there for a few days and see if you get any bites. If not, go back to the guy that offered $3500.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #8
aauman
Getting Wild

Club Car

OK so my neighbor found out I was thinking about selling my cart and was so happy he basically said name your price. He has money and really cant do anything himself to upgrade one. I'm thinking he will give me $4k so I am trying to decide what kind to get for my winter build. I really like the style and setup of my precedent. Think I want to go 72v and I know I want to stay low but was thinking of airbags?? And one hell of a stereo system. I want and need a backseat ecause my 2 kids but do not like how big the flip rearseat is. Any suggestions
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car