lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2011, 08:54 AM   #21
Copperhead
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2000.5 Club Car 48 Volt melted F/R switch???

I've checked and rechecked that all wires are where they are supposed to be. When on jack stands the tire still don't move. If I take my foot and spin them and hit the pedal at same time they will spin. But I don't over rev it. I know the motor can explode if over reved and no load is applied. ??
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2011, 08:57 AM   #22
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

ok its in the batteries.........if the other set will push your beater charge them and put them in to confirm...........but there is nothing else that will cause this other then bad batteries...................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #23
Copperhead
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Update: I decided to take it to third repair shop. They checked the batteries on a load machine and 4 dropped way down. He had some good used batteries and installed them, charged over night. But... They would not finish charging. They were still charging the next morning. This has happened to me on a few occasions over the years and the batteries are just boiling. I always just unplug use the cart and recharge later. Back to the point, the new(used) batteries did not fix the cart. Still wont move. What exactly does the OBC do??? Any other ideas???
Old 08-18-2011, 08:35 AM   #24
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

it controls charging and will keep the cart from running.......i was afraid of that but there was no real way to know until the battery issue was taken care of so we were right and wrong......you did need batteries but.........your OBC moniters charging and shuts charger off, you never mentioned anything about the charger acting up or we might have figured that out also.........well at this point theres really nothing else left other than the OBC i,m just sorry you had to spend money on a controler and motor for nothing........but good news is if you can take this as good news your about 150 bucks away from the cart running.......thats the only problem trying to help people over the puter you just never get the full picture.......if i had the cart the 1st thing i would have done was plug your charger into it and watch the charge cycle and then test the batteries........and go from there.............good luck keep us posted.............................
Old 08-18-2011, 11:43 AM   #25
Copperhead
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Shadowman, thank you for all the info and help, really appreciate it!!! I completely forgot about the charging issue until the technician mentioned it. It didn't happen very often so I'd just chock it up to a freak incident. They were supposed to swap the OBC today. I'll keep you posted, and hopefully it will be good news!! Thanks again.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #26
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

theres something else i have to add just in case.....i was thinking about this and about a month ago we had a guy here who i beleive had the same year cart as yours with almost identical symptons as yours............he went thur the same thing replaced just about everything and cart still acted up.....it ended up being his soleniod which shocked me cause every indication said soleniod was good........clicked everytime and cart moved a little things like that........just something to keep in mind cause up until than i would never have beleived it had anything to do with his soleniod but in the end he said that was the problem..........just thought i would post this while thinking of it..............................
Old 08-18-2011, 03:58 PM   #27
Copperhead
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the thought. I'll keep that in mind. I did replace it with a new HD unit. It tests fine but then again so did the original I took off. Guess we'll have to wait and see.......
Old 09-01-2011, 07:44 AM   #28
Copperhead
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

OK, found out that the new motor has a rubber bushing inside the spline shaft and that I was supposed to remove the spring bushing from my output shaft. This was causing it to bind. After the Third repair shop did some tests, the motor started making noises. Plum Quick sent me a new replacement motor. Installed it last night after removing the spring bushing from the spline shaft. Cart will still not move on its own. It will go if you push it and then go. I do agree that the batteries are probably the problem as they drop to 40 volts under full pedal and cart won't move. After a short drive, 300-400 yrds. the motor was VERY hot. Temp gun registered 160 degrees??????? Can weak batteries cause a motor to get HOT??? Also noticed a "blue" liquid dripping from motor/gear housing connection. It was very watery and smelled of burned electrical??? Has anyone every had this happen?? Thanks Guys!!!
Old 09-01-2011, 08:25 AM   #29
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I just re-read this thread. It's not uncommon to find bad OBC and bad batteries together. I heard somebody else mention a liquid coming out of a very hot PQ motor. Can you remove the motor and find the source?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:13 AM   #30
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Copperhead ,

I hope you get everything fixed soon because I wan't to know how you GE 500 works with your bandit.

I have no advice cause I really don't know ****, but I have learned in life that most of the time the problem is the simplest thing.

Good luck,
Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car