lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: What's the best way?

my advice is to call scotty since he sells theses combo,s all the time i,m sure he can give you several options, good luck with it.........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #12
Divebmbr48
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Bowhunter, sorry for late reply. This is my first post. I just got a Speedylink 3 days ago. It worked great. I have a 03 CC DS IQ. Website advertises for 04 and newer. Original GPS speed was 14.7. I am assuming that is the code 3 speed. After installing I reached 20.2 the first night. Then 21 on the golf course with the shallow hills. It also eliminated that surging feeling I'd get on the cart path as the cart reached top speed. Everything else in cart is stock. I hope that helps. So far I'm very happy. I got mine from eBay and made an offer. There is also a different one on there now that a forum member makes with a switch for half the price. Good luck.
Divebmbr48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #13
ROZ
Getting Wild

It's basically a game of resistance. Less resistance, the easier the flow of electricity and less voltage drop when demanded.

When going to a larger gauge wire there will always be a measurable change. Whether or not its physically noticeable is another story.

Regarding stereo.... When you decrease a load (impedance /ohms) on an stereo amplifier, you cause the amp to make more power. On the flip side, when you demand so mush from your amp, it will cause distortion. Generally the more resistance will give you cleaner sound. Not as loud, but cleaner sound at volume. Of course its all general, as many other factors are considered.ie make and model of equipment.

All of this does bring up another question, though. Does a controller need a measure of resistance in order to remain reliable. Ie. Not burn up?

I have rolls of wire in the attic from the old stereo days.. maybe 1/0 is in order? It's a tough bend, though!lol
ROZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car