lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2012, 05:42 AM   #21
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Just picked up my project Yamaha gas limo 4-seater

Yea, call me anytime 7 AM / 10 PM just try both numbers.

My buddy is Zoomballs, Red 06 6 speed. Hope to talk soon.

LURCH!!!!!
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #22
HemiED
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Great deal, congrats!
HemiED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #23
AGrayson84
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiED View Post
Great deal, congrats!
Thanks! Picked up the G2 on Monday... it's going to need a little more TLC. At least a tear-down of the motor is probably in store for it, and possibly a motor swap if the stock motor turns out to be junk. It turns over fine, but someone left the oil fill cap off with the seat flipped forward, so rain has definitely gotten into the crank case I'm sure.

Anyhow, I don't have a carb yet, nor muffler for the limo, but I connected a battery to it tonight after letting some Marvel Mystery sit in the cylinder for several days. I pushed the gas pedal down and the starter spun the motor, no problem. Everything was smooth and quiet, so hopefully there's no damage to the engine. The Marvel Mystery that was coughed back out the intake and exhaust ports was brown from whatever rust it cleaned up (maybe the piston rings?), so I'll probably add more to the cylinder tomorrow until the carb comes in. Maybe add some to the oil, spin the engine with the starter a bit, and let that sit too. Then I'll just drain and re-fill the oil before I try starting the engine for the first time. Wish me luck guys!
AGrayson84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #24
HemiED
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGrayson84 View Post
Thanks! Picked up the G2 on Monday... it's going to need a little more TLC. At least a tear-down of the motor is probably in store for it, and possibly a motor swap if the stock motor turns out to be junk. It turns over fine, but someone left the oil fill cap off with the seat flipped forward, so rain has definitely gotten into the crank case I'm sure.

Anyhow, I don't have a carb yet, nor muffler for the limo, but I connected a battery to it tonight after letting some Marvel Mystery sit in the cylinder for several days. I pushed the gas pedal down and the starter spun the motor, no problem. Everything was smooth and quiet, so hopefully there's no damage to the engine. The Marvel Mystery that was coughed back out the intake and exhaust ports was brown from whatever rust it cleaned up (maybe the piston rings?), so I'll probably add more to the cylinder tomorrow until the carb comes in. Maybe add some to the oil, spin the engine with the starter a bit, and let that sit too. Then I'll just drain and re-fill the oil before I try starting the engine for the first time. Wish me luck guys!
Good luck! The fact that it spins over smoothly is very fortunate. It must not have been left that way too long hopefully. The rust could come from the rings or valves I guess. Not sure if these motors have a cast iron sleeve or not.
HemiED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #25
AGrayson84
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for the good luck! Yeah I'm now soaking some Marvel Mystery Oil in the cylinder with some fresh engine oil. I mixed it all around a bit using the starter/generator to spin the crank for a good 20 seconds or so. I then added more new Marvel Mystery to the cylinder and I'm going to let that soak for another couple days. I picked up a carb and stock muffler for it today, so I just need to clean the gas tank (full of sludge and crud) and see if she'll start :)
AGrayson84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #26
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Cool project makes me want to do a limo too. When I get my clone in this spring/summer and see how it runs....it might work well in a limo too.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha